Super Serious Starfighter Sunday on The Bastion, November 2nd

Drakkolich

I guess I should have said so before hand. What was on my mind is the people transferring servers for this. And do disagree with Verain who took the absolutist stance with this. I never said it would destroy GSF I said it would hurt GSF. The hardcore people are the ones that maintain a daily GSF presence on their servers. So how logically can you say that those people paying for server transfers will not have a negative effect to that end. Pandora is now out of the box though and she can't be put back in. I do agree with Drak's sentiment though now that people have spent money for this specific event he is now honor bound to those people to maintain it on the Bastion.

Hey I can see your thought process for how servers transfers might hurt servers, but as others have noticed of the for sure 5 transfers I know of they were all alts and they still have characters on their "home" servers. At that they kept their most geared characters on said "home" servers. I think Yallia's team may have transfered a few characters I'm not positive there but again I'm pretty sure it wasn't their mains. Even if 1 or 2 people did transfer their mains to participate in a GSF event, I really feel that would be a drop in the bucket compared to how many already server transfer for better queue's.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a team game. I'd rather play nothing but type 3 scout with EMP missile, as long as it was with a team.

Right. A team of 12 or 8 players . There is probably not what the Team contradicts more than four people to build their own clique. I would rather fly a T2 GS.

Edited by Magira

I said this, I thought well, a few pages back and I'll say it again. Bickering and whining like children that don't get to play on the big kids playground is pure fatuousness. I don't think anyone here is a tween or younger, please act like, at the very minimum young adults. Being a pest and whining is not going to change the facts or opinion.

There have been people since the dawn of time that can't let something that is not typically the 'norm' grow. These are the people that side with huge corporations when unions are being formed. These are the people that slide into asininity when governments are challenged. These are the people that don't like cake or pie or pizza for breakfast. Let them wallow in their self pity and caliginous mood.

There is nothing left to discuss. I wish this forum had moderators so we could ask for this thread to be locked.

/Jung Hat

Edited by zaskar

Alright I've listened to the arguments and I've come up with what to me sounds like a great plan for future events.

First I'm going to hold this event (The Super serious one) on The Bastion every 4 weeks. So the next one will be Saturday November 29th. I'm swaping it to Saturday upon popular request. I'm also going to bring the time down to 4 hours instead of 5 it really was too long last night in my opinion.

Second I'm going to hold what im calling GSF night. It's going to rotate servers and be every 4 weeks as well. It's going to be the opposite 4 weeks of the Super Serious night. So the first one of these is going to be Saturday November 15th on The Ebon Hawk. These will only last 3 hours and won't have any of the sign ups that the other event has.

Basically we will have an event every 2 weeks for the super hardcore GSF pilots. However the idea is to have the main event on The Bastion every 4 weeks, with a rotating server intermission GSF night in between.

The hope is this will reinforce players that only want to be on the main event to keep leveling on the one server for the main event. It also rewards anyone that server transferred and wants to in the future.

It gives choices on what events players might want to attend, as some players might only be interested in a great night of queue when "the circus comes to their town".

In the end I'm making all the Serious nights on The Bastion because we had such a great turn out I want to just keep building on that. I do however want to meet new people that maybe don't have the time or money to level or transfer a GSF character on The Bastion so with the rotating event we will gain that.

I'm also going to raffle a free server transfer to someone that wants to come to Super Serious night. (if this is possible)

Lastly I know the PTS for the expansion is going to come out shortly and I will be giving a 1 week notice when it does for a HUGE PTS GSF night. This way all the subscribers will have time to download it and character copy over and we can get some incredible games there. Edit: I have been informed there is no PTS for the expansion so we will have to do it on 3.1 patch.

I hope this pleases most people, in the end I know I can't make everyone happy but I feel this is a good setup moving forward.

Look forward to everyone's thoughts. :)

This makes MMO very sad, as MMO has work at 7pm PST :(

MMO has finally finished editing a 4:30hrs Twitch stream down to 2:39hrs of just matches. FFS 2 hrs of waiting for a Q pop?????? MMO feels this probably do some before & after GSF event time being wasted, so less than 2hrs, but more than 1hr of Q waiting.

FYI: YouTube's trim option is not available for long videos & Twitch export option seems to have a 2hr max, as my video was split into 3 parts. :(

http://youtu.be/IGaMcFXRSLQ