The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

12x EXP underleveled. Suggestions?

byronblack

I picked up my old LvL 17 Assassin to race to 55.

However, from about Hoth and now especially at Voss, I'm finding myself unable to complete the missions.

I'm not sure if its because the 12x Exp hasn't been running from a flat lvl 1 (which would probably have put me further ahead?)

It could be that its a class issue. I confess I have been stealthing behind most mobs I don't HAVE to kill.

Or it could be that I'm using the wrong companion?

Either way, I am currently on Voss trying to do the final story missions. Trying to kill a lvl 47 Erghast boss as a lvl 44 assassin with Khem Vaal.

I just can't pump out enough damage either before or after Khem Vaal dies.

Has anyone else suffered similar issues? Does anyone have any suggestions as to which quests are faster to complete between Hoth and Voss? It feels like the Exp just doesn't comes in manageable doses from Hoth onwards.

Please help, you're my only hope...

If you're doing nothing but class missions you should be far enough ahead at that point. I went from 43 to 54 on my jugg in a few hours and was behind by a level before the boost but afterwards ahead by a few levels.

At this point, do war zone, space combat, or GSF to catch back up and then you should be ahead of the curve or else you'll face the same issue over and over again.

I'm guessing it's a gear issue, since you didn't mention anything about that. Buy greens from GTN, get alts to craft gear or mods, or run lower level heroics to get planetary comms and drops.

As for keeping your level up with class missions, you should be using the generic XP boosts you get along the way. Save up 3 rewards in your log, pop the boost and collect them, then run class missions until it runs out and you save up another 3 rewards before popping the next one.

If you need extra XP though, Kuat is still superior as it bolsters and the XP from it scales.

Edited by MagikFingerz

I think its a bit of everything. Mainly not been smart or not noticing the 25% booster running out -.-

Thanks for the tips on how best to catch back up with the curve.

I guess i've learnt my lesson the hard way. 2 hrs of grind hew we go! :(

I think its a bit of everything. Mainly not been smart or not noticing the 25% booster running out -.-

Thanks for the tips on how best to catch back up with the curve.

I guess i've learnt my lesson the hard way. 2 hrs of grind hew we go! :(

Honestly it's not that bad. A few space combat missions with XP boost later, a few companion conversations, you'll easily level up.

I forgot about the above, use your general xp boost still (minor/major) and it'll stack on the regular 12x boost.