Harbinger Down Again? Seriously??!??!?!

Azpoker

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The customer support here is why I question returning to SWTOR. If that was a blizzard game like (cough cough) wow they would offer free xfers off the server to players who wanted it. Called cutomer and asked. They laughed in my face Edited by Zergnaut

The customer support here is why I question returning to SWTOR. If that was a blizzard game like (cough cough) wow they would offer free xfers off the server to players who wanted it. Called cutomer and asked. They laughed in my face

Should have recorded it and posted it for our amusement!

The customer support here is why I question returning to SWTOR. If that was a blizzard game like (cough cough) wow they would offer free xfers off the server to players who wanted it. Called cutomer and asked. They laughed in my face

hahahahahaha I hope this is a joke. Blizz would take your money to the bank, if it was down for a day they might extend your sub out 1 day.

I hope they get it fixed too, but these little tantrums on here doesn't motivate them anymore to get it fixed. believe me they want it fixed as bad if not more than you do.

Edited by Cuspin

Hey everyone,

The Harbinger should now be available. If for some reason it shows as offline you may need to relaunch your client. Thank you all for your patience!

-eric

Thanks Eric! Still waiting on that table flip smily :D

Hypothetical question: Say Bioware could fix the issue permanently with a hardware replacement, but they'd have to take the server down for 1-2 full days to get the data transferred to the new hardware and make sure everything works.

Would it be worth it?

(Note: the 1-2 full days is a reasonable-sounding number that I totally made up. It's just a hypothetical question)

Hypothetical question: Say Bioware could fix the issue permanently with a hardware replacement, but they'd have to take the server down for 1-2 full days to get the data transferred to the new hardware and make sure everything works.

Would it be worth it?

(Note: the 1-2 full days is a reasonable-sounding number that I totally made up. It's just a hypothetical question)

100% yes.

Unexpected downtime is a pain compared to something we can plan around.

hahahahahaha I hope this is a joke. Blizz would take your money to the bank, if it was down for a day they might extend your sub out 1 day.

I hope they get it fixed too, but these little tantrums on here doesn't motivate them anymore to get it fixed. believe me they want it fixed as bad if not more than you do.

Actually when they had this issue in wow on the Area52 server I called up blizz and they xferd 5 toons for me for free so another pve realm, so I find that untrue. Maybe this is a marketing ploy to get money out of players. "crash the server a lot of people will pay to xfer off its win/win for us guys"

Edited by Zergnaut

Hey everyone,

The Harbinger should now be available. If for some reason it shows as offline you may need to relaunch your client. Thank you all for your patience!

-eric

We had a rollback, of at least 5-10 minutes. /sigh.

Please fix the server.

Hey everyone,

-eric

And yet, still no answers on what keeps causing this or what you plan to do about it.

Would it be worth it?

Well, for us it's impossible to know whether it really is a hardware issue. To the best of my knowledge, Harbinger has these problems because it's the highest-populated server. They usually have 3 Fleet instances, whereas other servers only have 2 instances open during prime time. That's the downside of playing on a heavily populated server, but newer players nevertheless always ask what server is the biggest because they want to have a big server. :rolleyes:

Edited by Jerba

Well, for us it's impossible to know whether it really is a hardware issue. To the best of my knowledge, Harbinger has these problems because it's the highest-populated server. They usually have 3 Fleet instances, whereas other servers only have 2 instances open during prime time. That's the downside of playing on a heavily populated server, but newer players nevertheless always ask what server is the biggest because they want to have a big server. :rolleyes:

Well, like I said, it's a hypothetical question. So assuming it IS a hardware issue.

Heck, maybe the issue is that there's some line of code on the Harbinger that's along the lines of "while 1>0, x=x^x-1", and the server goes down because it runs out of memory. We can't know for sure. :p