QUESTIONS - Shadow of Revan - PTS version

Minisep

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm definitely keen to try this out because I would love to share my thoughts about this.

To be honest though Eric and team, why does it have to be only a selected few that could check it out? Honestly we have loads of people who are interested about this, give them the opportunity to try out the new Talent Trees, specs etc.

Edited by Satelerevan

Hey Minisep!

Let me answer your questions, and explain a bit about how PTS will work for Shadow or Revan.

1. There will be a PTS for Shadow of Revan. However, similar to Rise of the Hutt Cartel, this PTS will be on a closed server.
  2. This closed PTS server will be testing all of the expansion!

As a note, for Rise we also did a PTS which was open to the public which tested some of the 2.0 features. We will not be doing that this time around. The only testing that will happen for 3.0 will be on our Closed PTS server. One question I know that will be asked is how you get into that testing group. Similar to Rise, we will be hand selecting some groups of players and then we will also be inviting players randomly to fill out the ranks.

Thanks!

-eric

Consider me as a volunteer :D

I've been playing the juggernaut/gurdian class since launch so i know the class very well, mostly from a pvp perspective tho but i guess thats needed as well :)

I am sure BW has already selected the people to join this 'closed' beta. Goodluck to everyone and please do not spill the beans. Report the bugs you find but respect the NDA. I don't want to know mechanics or spoilers when it comes to the new Revan tactical flashpoints! :D

A few days don't even count as a joke, no, there will be a pretty long beta, namely... the whole 3.0.

To be followed by 3.0a hotfix, 3.0.1 surprise nerf, 3.0.1a unscheduled maintenance, 3.0.1b mid-week exploit patch, 3.0.1c mission bug patch, 3.0.1d mission chain reset, 3.0.2 putting missing items on vendors and 3.0.2a making them work, but breaking others.

Promising 3.1 "as it was meant to be played", then 3.1.1 "as it was really meant to be played", but, to be optimistic, hopefully with 3.1.1f as it was meant to be played.

Sadly this is both my concern and what I predict will happen.

And I find it interesting that a large portion of this thread which seemed to be focused on testing and ensuring a quality release devolved into a 'oooooh pick me, pick me' thread.

I don't care who they pick, nor am I concerned about having the new story areas / mission chain in an open test environment. Keep that as a bit of a surprise (though even with an NDA and such, it is going to get out) that is only up on a closed invite only environment.

However given Bioware's history of bug filled releases and the general challenging of catching bugs in large and complex systems, the lack of large scale open testing given all the major additions and changes to stats, classes and core game systems doesn't inspire a large degree of confidence in expecting a smooth release.

Edited by DawnAskham

A few days don't even count as a joke, no, there will be a pretty long beta, namely... the whole 3.0.

To be followed by 3.0a hotfix, 3.0.1 surprise nerf, 3.0.1a unscheduled maintenance, 3.0.1b mid-week exploit patch, 3.0.1c mission bug patch, 3.0.1d mission chain reset, 3.0.2 putting missing items on vendors and 3.0.2a making them work, but breaking others.

Promising 3.1 "as it was meant to be played", then 3.1.1 "as it was really meant to be played", but, to be optimistic, hopefully with 3.1.1f as it was meant to be played.

You made me giggle randomly in the bus hahahaha!

Hi, i just became a subscriber so my question is simple; Does the Shadow of Revan expansion come free if you are a sub. I am new at this so i dont really know.

-Rayrik lvl 37 Commando The Ebon Hawk

No the Shadow of Revan expansion is a paid-expansion only. However, its likely that it'll become free to subscribers after a year or so(which is what happened to the previous expansion).

Hi, i just became a subscriber so my question is simple; Does the Shadow of Revan expansion come free if you are a sub. I am new at this so i dont really know.

-Rayrik lvl 37 Commando The Ebon Hawk

Unfortunately no. By subbing u got free access to Hutt expansion, but for SOR everyone will have to pay $20 (or your local equivalent) regardless if sub or not. Although if u pre-order now u will get 12x XP bonus to class stories (only subscribers can get that)

To be followed by 3.0a hotfix, 3.0.1 surprise nerf, 3.0.1a unscheduled maintenance, 3.0.1b mid-week exploit patch, 3.0.1c mission bug patch, 3.0.1d mission chain reset, 3.0.2 putting missing items on vendors and 3.0.2a making them work.

Literally what i wad gonna post but a read the pages before posting :o

I wonder tho, what is BioWares definition of hardcore PvP.
As beauty is in the eye of the beholder, unless your name is Ernest Albert Bioware, their definition will be as different from yours as mine. Edited by Gleneagle
add a comma, remove an end preposition

I bravely volunteer for the role of "carry". Without terribads on PTS to carry how can ops truly be balanced properly? Who will skilled players spawn farm in PvP? These are important questions that need answering.:D

Seriously though, I hope you pick people from all servers. It seems as though usual PTS population is made up from a few servers who's guilds go there to learn mechanics early. That is thier choice and right to do so, but if in the closed PTS you have the oportunity to distribute knowlege across the galaxy for when 3.0 goes live and maybe revitalize competitive endgame on servers that are otherwise a bit behind.

Edited by jakefiresky

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The only testing that will happen for 3.0 will be on our Closed PTS server.

That's a bit disappointing. There are a bunch of people like me that like to check out the PTS on a regular basis. Even more so in instances like this were there should be a decent player base. I'll admit I wasn't expecting public testing until probably a week or so before 3.0 went live, but none at all is a bit of a let down.