The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

well I am excited

Sangrar

ok so yeah, I just got home to see the news ( I honestly thought at this point it would take a couple more weeks before we finally saw something) and I am excited and happy at reading the stuff on this

- 2 new planets, Rishi and Yavin 4, Yavin 4 especially will be great to see and I enjoy the prospects of being able to explore that planet.

-The Massassi will be introduced to this game. Thats so cool, and hopefully they will make an Exar Kun connection or something, thats just wishful thinking though on my part.

-Finally New ops are coming!

- A mount coming in the update is called an Armored Vehicle Transport, hope its as cool as it sounds!

- Story on Revan, hopefully will give us motivations on why he is doing this and how he survived The Foundry, it could not have come without a cost

-If the situation is so bad that the Empire and Republic have to unite to defeat an enemy like this then its bound to be full of danger and excitement. To be fair they have very good reason to worry, Revan has already nearly brought the Republic to its knees once, and he destroyed Malaks Sith Empire as well as tried to commit genocide on the Empire. On top of that he has an army of loyal followers/sleeper agents embedded in both factions.

- 5 New levels to play through seems fun, make it a nice even 60

- The discipline system is unexpected. I do not know much about it, but I know that it might help alleviate problems and could potentially be an improvement. Then again though there is always a way to exploit a system no matter how good it is, and if it exists its almost certain that someone will figure it out. So I am going to wait and see on that, still though, I find it intriguing.

Edited by Sangrar

-If the situation is so bad that the Empire and Republic have to unite to defeat an enemy like this then its bound to be full of danger and excitement. To be fair they have very good reason to worry, Revan has already nearly brought the Republic to its knees once, and he destroyed Malaks Sith Empire as well as tried to commit genocide on the Empire. On top of that he has an army of loyal followers/sleeper agents embedded in both factions.

It wasn't much of an Empire.

ok so yeah, I just got home to see the news ( I honestly thought at this point it would take a couple more weeks before we finally saw something) and I am excited and happy at reading the stuff on this

- 2 new planets, Rishi and Yavin 4, Yavin 4 especially will be great to see and I enjoy the prospects of being able to explore that planet.

I'm wondering if both are actually going to be full-blown leveling planets, or if Rishi will be a questing planet a'la Makeb and then Yavin will be like Oricon - a Daily Area (with story content the first time you play through) with associated Ops to complete the storyline.

-The Massassi will be introduced to this game. Thats so cool, and hopefully they will make an Exar Kun connection or something, thats just wishful thinking though on my part.

The lore nerd in me (and Tales of the Jedi lore nerd to boot) is indeed looking forward to this.

-Finally New ops are coming!

Emphatically agree. I am just hoping that with the release of two at the same time, the way they did with Dread Fortress/Palace, that this doesn't mean we will have another 13+ month gap afterwards. (I am also hoping they aren't necessary to complete the main storyline of the expansion - I don't mind having a mix of solo and group content in some of the story arcs, but a main expansion storyline should be soloable IMO.)

- A mount coming in the update is called an Army Vehicle Transport, hope its as cool as it sounds!
Cool, hadn't heard about that.

- Story on Revan, hopefully will give us motivations on why he is doing this and how he survived The Foundry, it could not have come without a cost

It's funny, in WoW I genuinely enjoyed the stories where the Horde and Alliance had to team up, but in SWTOR I'm not really a fan. Tython and Korriban FPs gave us a taste of what I'd really like: more straight-forward Empire vs. Republic plotlines.

I am also really concerned that this may mean that there is only going to be a single questline that is fundamentally the same for both factions with just some cosmetic differences in the dialogue. That would be very disappointing if they are going that route.

I will say though, the clip in the trailer of Darth Marr and Satele Shan drawing their lightsabers side by side with the Forged Alliances characters did have me saying "cool!" Hopefully BW will have a storyline that does its "4th Pillar" proud (and something more creative than Revan being partially controlled by the Emperor's spirit).

- 5 New levels to play through seems fun, make it a nice even 60

/agree I'm looking forward to a raised level cap and some additional traditional questing to get there. (Except for the concern I mentioned above about it potentially being a single storyline for both factions.)

- The discipline system is unexpected. I do not know much about it, but I know that it might help alleviate problems and could potentially be an improvement. Then again though there is always a way to exploit a system no matter how good it is, and if it exists its almost certain that someone will figure it out. So I am going to wait and see on that, still though, I find it intriguing.

This falls under the "not my cup of tea" category for me - I definitely prefer Skill Trees to the Specialization/Discipline system, but it's not a deal-breaker in my book, especially if it is implemented well.

Edited by DarthDymond

I'm wondering if both are actually going to be full-blown leveling planets, or if Rishi will be a questing planet a'la Makeb and then Yavin will be like Oricon - a Daily Area (with story content the first time you play through) with associated Ops to complete the storyline.

All the action you see in the trailer seems to take place on Yavin 4.

Also, I doubt they'd want to mislead people as far as how "explorable" the moon is. Seems too big for just a daily area.