Shadow of Revan Announcement Trailer -- Step By Step Analysis

Darth_Wicked

So the reveal is finally here, together with a proper and juicy

to boot.

After seeing it over and over again, here's a recollection of its main selling points. Hope you enjoy it. :D

- - - -

• In the first few seconds,
we see a Defender-class Light Corvette heading to Yavin 4, one of the many moons that orbit the gas giant Yavin.

• Afterwards,
a Harrower-class Dreadnought enters the scene: Perhaps the one
Also an ode of sorts to "A New Hope"? Clearly visible are the Massassi Temples of old, rising above the jungle world.

Revanite troops enter the fray, in what appears to be some kind of bunker or military installation in the background. Note the Imperial ship on the right side,

• Some sort of tower,
presumably darkening the sky and generating crackling tangles of lightning. Some of the NPC's on the scene appear to be using Jedi garb. Once again, the planet Yavin is visible on the background, to the left.

In addition, there's also something on top of the tower, which appears to be reminiscent of the Dread Masters' tower on Oricon. Through a hole in it, one can get a glimpse of a spherical device -- an energy core of some kind? -- with two obelisks, one of each side, protruding from the inner walls.

• From left to right:
Darth Marr, Lana Beniko, Jakarro, Theron Shan and his mother, Satele Shan. Notice how the characters lean closer to their factions' flag, implying there's no way to mistake what they stand for; Jakarro stands in the middle, seeing he's neutral.

In the following picture, you can -- presumably -- see the same Harrower-class Dreadnought as before, plus two Gage-class Transporters. Master Satele is also using a double-bladed lightsaber hilt identical to the one from the
and "Hope" trailers.

Republic and Imperial ships fly onto battle, presumably heading to the Temple(s). The two soldiers on the watchtower are probably a reference to "All Along The Watchtower", by Bob Dylan.

Republic and Imperial soldiers seem to be attacking the grounds of one of the Temples.

First in-game glimpse of a Massassi Warrior, though this specimen is far bigger than
Did Revan perform experiments on Massassi Warriors, similar to what Naga Sadow did?

Republic strike-team marches into battle; You can clearly see one of the characters using an Assault Cannon. Early glimpse into one of the upcoming flashpoints?

A Jedi Guardian and a Revanite soldier face one another. The Guardian seems to be using a variant of this armor set, plus the Temple Guardian mask. In the background, there are ruins on fire.

A walker drops into battle near a Revanite compound, presumably near Temple grounds. In the screen, there's what appears to be a Massassi Warrior statue.

A Revanite soldier using the Eradicator mask, shortly before being struck down by a Jedi Guardian.

Lana Beniko shoots lightning at Revanite soldiers, either incapacitating or killing them. The room where she's in has a striking resemblance to the room from the latest teaser, featuring Revan in front of some kind of object. Here, you can see the Massassi Warrior spears that adorned its halls.

• The camera slowly but surely
zooms into Revan, the latter standing defiant, armor all-battered and a red light emanating from his visor; Its intensity appears to have diminished in comparison to the teaser.

- - - -

On another note, I think the trailer is narrated by Tony Armatrading, same VA who voices Xalek but I'm not 100% sure.

In case you're interested in seeing it again,

;)

OTHER LINKS:

Shadow of Revan ( Official Page )

Shadow of Revan ( Press Release )

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I hope the Empire and the pubs don't really work closely, but try to weaken each other whenever they have the chance.

Also it would be cool to see Satele VS Revan.

From the teaser, I get the feeling the story will be the same for both sides, a la Oricon, with only minor differences here and there.

Kinda of a low blow, seeing that Class stories are gone and Faction-unique stories may be going next.

People -- me included -- asked repeatedly in the General Discussion section for clarification but I guess they're not willing to confirm or deny it yet.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Marr's lightsaber is red. Hooray.

Lana's lightsaber is a weird color. Boo.

But this confirms that neither Marr nor Satele are in league with Revan, as expected. Now let's just hope Marr actually survives 3.0. I have my doubt, seeing how his colleagues fare throughout the game :rolleyes:

Marr's lightsaber is red. Hooray.

Lana's lightsaber is a weird color. Boo.

But this confirms that neither Marr nor Satele are in league with Revan, as expected. Now let's just hope Marr actually survives 3.0. I have my doubt, seeing how his colleagues fare throughout the game :rolleyes:

What is odd is that Lana's lightsaber appears to be Blood Orange here.

I do hope they address that, seeing I didn't like it either. :D

Yeah, that's what confused me. That aside, I never noticed that not only does her hairstyle in game look possessed, her eyebrows do aswell :p

Yep. Her in-game character model still rubs me the wrong way, though I think her facial animation has improved since the first two couple of flashpoints.

At least Theron still looks nice, though I always got the feeling he was a bit more... bulkier. :o

-Snip-

• Some sort of tower,
presumably darkening the sky and generating crackling tangles of lightning. Some of the NPC's on the scene appear to be using Jedi garb. Once again, the planet Yavin is visible on the background, to the left.

In addition, there's also something on top of the tower, which appears to be reminiscent of the Dread Masters' tower on Oricon. Through a hole in it, one can get a glimpse of a spherical device -- an energy core of some kind? -- with two obelisks, one of each side, protruding from the inner walls.

-Snip-

Not that I follow the lore that closely, but when I first saw that, I thought remnant of the star forge.