Bye Bye Hybrids

bsbrad

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20141006 :eek:

With the upcoming changes to the skill trees (i.e. no more skill trees), the hybrids will now be dead as you will have to specialize in a discipline and use utility points for customization.

This means that my 21/1/23 Sorc build will no longer be viable, which to be fair was a bit overpowered as I could cover as a healer (innervate) while still doing decent damage (insta-crushing darkness).

This will also kill off the Hybrid Jugs and Sins.

It will no longer be heal to full and make them pay, but heal other people to full and run away!!!!

So be prepared for Nabi 3.0 to heal your face off :D

Edited by bsbrad

I like the way they are setting up classes now... I feel like its gonna be a lot easier to tweak specs. The only question left is will Bioware actually pay attention to it.

As far as hybrids go... not too many people actually play successful hybrids anymore. So I honestly doubt we will notice any major change.

Other than the fact that I will have to play full lethality instead of hybrid sniper, I'm fine with the hybrids going away. It can be really lame losing 4 "DPS" games because the other team has a skank healer or skank tank.

Yeah except they put bubblestun in utilities instead of in lightning discipline. :eek:

Bubblestun, Fadeout, mobile innervate, and 30% DR while stunned. Oh, and this time I still get all my heals.

Given I can also reduce CD on stun and make it make you do less damage as well (first tier), and now further use alacrity to further reduce such cooldown, I anticipate being able to play a little bit too defensively.

While healing to full.

And making you pay for trying to kill me. :D

Having one of every class is not the issue (already been there, done that, got the t-shirt) the issue is trying to find a playstyle that both suits the player and compliments the other members on the team.

For instance, I could go healing sorc right now and finish near the top of every WZ in healing, but more often than not the WZ will be lost as the extra burst needed on the healer or the hard-switching is not done in time. With the hybrid I use I can compliment both the DPS and the Heals. While I do believe this spec is overpowered at the moment,, it is one of the few specs that a sorc can bring which is still competitive in solos and regs (obviously group ranked requires more stringent roles).

And for those complaining that it shows my char as a DPS not a heals so they don't know to mark me in an arena. The amount of times I have played this spec should give you an idea how I am spec'd.

I am not the best PVPer on this server by a long stretch, I just know with this spec when to apply pressure and when to absorb pressure.

To be honest my major concern is by forcing hybrids out BW is forcing us to play specific classes, operative for heals for instance, and while I can excel as an operative healer, the playstyle of firing HOTs and running away is not what I prefer.

Maybe if BW tuned down operative healing so that the HOTs wouldn't be fired if the target was CC'd or if the operative is more than 20m away the HOT goes. This would give other PVPers better chance to control them. The amount of times you run into 3 operative healers (or 2 operatives and a mando heal) is not fun for anyone. There are a few guilds not mentioning any names whom like to run with these 3 healer setups and honestly if we are going to go back to turtlefest like it was a year ago then it will put off more people from playing.

Yeah except they put bubblestun in utilities instead of in lightning discipline. :eek:

Bubblestun, Fadeout, mobile innervate, and 30% DR while stunned. Oh, and this time I still get all my heals.

Given I can also reduce CD on stun and make it make you do less damage as well (first tier), and now further use alacrity to further reduce such cooldown, I anticipate being able to play a little bit too defensively.

While healing to full.

And making you pay for trying to kill me. :D

I haven't really looked into yet what the "Utility" skills will be that they are promising but if it is as you say and bubblestun, mobile innervate etc.... are allowed at the same time then maybe my conclusion about hybrids being dead is wrong. If they do allow that then Sorcs will end up being super hybrids, especially in arenas.

I do hope they PTS this stuff soon otherwise they will not see the errors of their ways as the top 5% of sorc players will end up becoming gods if this is allowed. It will be almost as bad as the days when the gear discrepancy was so large then ppl were 2 shotted.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.