The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

We really need fleet chat in our stronghold

Icestar

I am sure that the strongholds will be more alive if players could use the fleet chat while in their own stronghold or visiting someone elses.

It is a good thing that the strongholds become more alive unlike the empty shells they are now.

I am sure that players would visit other strongholds more frequent if they did not miss out on the OPS invites that only the fleet currently provides.

What do you guys think, is it a good thing to have fleet chat in our strongholds?

Edited by Icestar

While I understand the value of the "LFG" type chat, I'd hate to have Fleet on my stronghold. It's bad enough sometimes with DK and NS channels.

Besides, if people got EVERYTHING in their stronghold that they currently go to Fleet for, the station would become a ghost town.

While I understand the value of the "LFG" type chat, I'd hate to have Fleet on my stronghold. It's bad enough sometimes with DK and NS channels.

Besides, if people got EVERYTHING in their stronghold that they currently go to Fleet for, the station would become a ghost town.

You would ofcourse be able to enable and disable fleet chat like any other channel.

Do you really think that the players would desert fleet to go visit other strongholds? I do not think so, but it would be a nice addition to not have to give up the LFG channel that fleet provides in the stronghold.

Edited by Icestar

You would ofcourse be able to enable and disable fleet chat like any other channel.
Sure. That makes sense.

I think it would also feel "odd" that I am on Nar Shadaa and 'listening' to people talking on the Imperial/Republic Fleet halfway across the galaxy. You could make a similar case for "I want to be able to run dailies on Makeb, but I don't want to hang out there to find others to team with."

Do you really think that the players would desert fleet to go visit other strongholds? I do not think so, but it would be a nice addition to not have to give up the LFG channel that fleet provides in the stronghold.
Not simply over being able to chat with people on Fleet. But I know I have already found myself not going there as often since I can access my storage and the GTN from my stonghold. Once you add things like being able to find FP/OP teams with some other suggestions I've seen (like class/crew skill trainers, Planet Comm / PvP vendors, etc.) I could see fleet becoming a very quiet place.

Marketing wise for the game that would be bad. After all the first part of the game is all about getting your character trained and progressed off your starter world to be able to explore the galaxy. Imagine being a new player, all excited that they made it to the Fleet station only to find there are 4 people in the cantina and 2 or 3 buying stuff there is no other source for. How deflating would it be to see a "central hub" like that so empty?

Once you add things like being able to find FP/OP teams with some other suggestions I've seen (like class/crew skill trainers, Planet Comm / PvP vendors, etc.) I could see fleet becoming a very quiet place.

So you think players standing still waiting in fleet is better then having them visiting strongholds and actually make them more alive? Think of what level 55s actually do in fleet when you are there next time

I remember that they considered having fleet chat in the strongholds and I really hope they revisit that thought in the near future.

There can even be a global lfg channel, I do not mind. Everything that takes away the boredom from standing still waiting in fleet is better. To enable it in strongholds could be a quality of life improvement this game needs.

Edited by Icestar