Mission yield

demotivator

I have always thought that Rich missions had a higher payout than Bountiful.

So why does this Bountiful mission cost more along with taking longer than the Rich one just below? Heck even the Abundant mission at the bottom has a higher cost and duration. Same deal with this Artifice Bountiful mission.

What should you go with in this situation?

Edited by demotivator

I have always thought that Rich missions had a higher payout than Bountiful.

So why does this Bountiful mission cost more along with taking longer than the Rich one just below? Heck even the Abundant mission at the bottom has a higher cost and duration. Same deal with this Artifice Bountiful mission.

What should you go with in this situation?

Simply put it is the way grade 9 missions were designed. ALL crew skills have a similar pattern: two bountiful missions - one costs slightly less than the rich mission and takes slightly less time than the rich mission; the other costs more and takes longer than the rich mission. BOTH Bountiful missions yield LESS than Rich missions and cost more per unit to acquire.

With regard to gathering missions, NEVER run bountiful missions. You are better off running abundant missions because their results cost less:

• Abundant missions cost 2000 credits and yield 4 units; or 500 credits per unit
  • Bountiful missions cost 3120 credits and yield 6 units; or 520 per unit

With regard to Mission skill missions, in grade 9 only bountiful and rich missions yield purple materials on crits. BUT it is far more cost effective to run the rich missions:

• Bountiful missions yield one to three purple materials
  • Rich missions yield three or four purple materials

In short, avoid grade 9 bountiful missions when possible (not always possible).

The reason for this pattern can only be speculated on: it is a way to limit material acquisition at the highest level.

With grade 6 they used a lack of Bountiful and Rich missions to do this, but there was significant backlash. So with grade 9 they did something different, but it too resulted in backlash of a different sort. When 3.0 comes out they MIGHT do something different with the next grade of materials.

Simply put it is the way grade 9 missions were designed. ALL crew skills have a similar pattern: two bountiful missions - one costs slightly less than the rich mission and takes slightly less time than the rich mission; the other costs more and takes longer than the rich mission. BOTH Bountiful missions yield LESS than Rich missions and cost more per unit to acquire.

With regard to gathering missions, NEVER run bountiful missions. You are better off running abundant missions because their results cost less:

• Abundant missions cost 2000 credits and yield 4 units; or 500 credits per unit
  • Bountiful missions cost 3120 credits and yield 6 units; or 520 per unit

With regard to Mission skill missions, in grade 9 only bountiful and rich missions yield purple materials on crits. BUT it is far more cost effective to run the rich missions:

• Bountiful missions yield one to three purple materials
  • Rich missions yield three or four purple materials

In short, avoid grade 9 bountiful missions when possible (not always possible).

The reason for this pattern can only be speculated on: it is a way to limit material acquisition at the highest level.

With grade 6 they used a lack of Bountiful and Rich missions to do this, but there was significant backlash. So with grade 9 they did something different, but it too resulted in backlash of a different sort. When 3.0 comes out they MIGHT do something different with the next grade of materials.

My speculation is Bioware simply screwed up.

Recall that at 2.0 launch, we had one-time missions from slicing yielding the same or less materials than Rich mission, along with blue mats being returned on crits for most gathering skills which had no use at all, along with a bunch of other issues with mission yields and materials requirements for crafting.

Add in that myself and several others pointed out (with lots of detail) numerous issues with crafting during the 2.0 PTS, yet not a single one was addressed until after 2.0 went live, and it seems apparent to me that crafting was and is an afterthought.

My speculation is Bioware simply screwed up.

Recall that at 2.0 launch, we had one-time missions from slicing yielding the same or less materials than Rich mission, along with blue mats being returned on crits for most gathering skills which had no use at all, along with a bunch of other issues with mission yields and materials requirements for crafting.

Add in that myself and several others pointed out (with lots of detail) numerous issues with crafting during the 2.0 PTS, yet not a single one was addressed until after 2.0 went live, and it seems apparent to me that crafting was and is an afterthought.

All true.

And historically, MMO crafting systems have been implemented last (as part of an expansion), and therefore tested the least.

That being said, I think BW has come up with a good solution: early access for subs. Yes, subs get access to content early but they also have to do deal with all the headaches derived therefrom. IMO, it is up to the sub community to realize that "early access" is for all intents and purposes "gamma testing" (alpha, beta, gamma). beta testing can only cover so much. Having 300k to 500k players testing "live" content is a great way to put that code thru its paces. We as a sub community have to learn to accept that we are guinea pigs for the first 6 to 8 weeks of expansion content and not explode with "FIX IT NAU" threads.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.