The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Star Wars Rebels

Fuzion_Fire

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most can't huh?...Why can't they exactly?
Because they are not strong enough? :confused:

Seriously though, what Force Users of Kanan's status have we seen performing these abilities?

I feel as if most people take these abilities for granted, yes to the highly powerful main characters we see these powers are pretty basic, but lower down the rungs they are very much advanced abilities.

Edited by Beniboybling

Because they are not strong enough? :confused:

Seriously though, what Force Users of Kanan's status have we seen performing these abilities?

I'm not sure really where to put Kanan at tier wise yet. But what he has shown thus far, he has had shown trouble. He's hardly shown anything wow.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Well, Padawans on the cusp of Knighthood don't find telekinesis on others to be very difficult. It should be plausible for Kanan to be capable of what he has done thus far. Though his displays are a bit excessive, I agree.

On another note, Ezra needs to get rid of that slingshot. It is useless. He may as well be spraying people with mayo. :p

On another note, Ezra needs to get rid of that slingshot. It is useless. He may as well be spraying people with mayo. :p

Might work against someone with anger problems... :p

Joking aside, agreed... All the other rebels are shooting and such, yet Ezra has... a Slingshot... :d_confused:

Might work against someone with anger problems... :p

Joking aside, agreed... All the other rebels are shooting and such, yet Ezra has... a Slingshot... :d_confused:

Everyone in the Empire has anger problems. Palpatine keeps shouting 'release your anger' from the rooftops. That's why the Empire is such a negative society. They wouldn't be so genocidal if Palpatine put a lid on it. :p

Well, Padawans on the cusp of Knighthood don't find telekinesis on others to be very difficult. It should be plausible for Kanan to be capable of what he has done thus far. Though his displays are a bit excessive, I agree.

I'll agree to that, he needs to get rid of that dumb thing. Maybe the next episode..

I'm not sure really where to put Kanan at tier wise yet. But what he has shown thus far, he has had shown trouble. He's hardly shown anything wow.
Well that's just it, we are approaching from the mindset that their is one universal spectrum of Force powers, basic, average, good etc. but it differs from person to person. Wow for one person is average for another and so forth.

What Kanaan has shown is IMO above the capabilities of his rank, though very much average for someone like Asajj or Anakin, but just because it is average for them doesn't mean it is an average power for Kanaan as well.

So when I say OP, I mean OP for some the two-bit Jedi Knight he appears to be.

The door was worse, an average knight couldn't do that, did you see how huge it was?

Problem is not what he's like know, just what he will be like. We all know it's coming.

Well, aside from when Ashoka failed to save Steela... I think the EU exaggerates.

Apparently fruit is more effective. :rolleyes:

Edited by Beniboybling

The door was worse, an average knight couldn't do that, did you see how huge it was?

Problem is not what he's like know, just what he will be like. We all know it's coming.

What worries me is what Ezra will become lol, already dodging blasters and lightsaber strikes like a baws.

What worries me is what Ezra will become lol, already dodging blasters and lightsaber strikes like a baws.

Haven't you been listening to the show? He is the "New Hope"! :p

But yeah, I think that once Ezra is decently trained they might need to introduce a new villain... Which I think they did fairly well with the Inquisitor thus far. A new villain such as... High Inquisitor Jerec? :jawa_evil: It is useless to resist...

Haven't you been listening to the show? He is the "New Hope"! :p

But yeah, I think that once Ezra is decently trained they might need to introduce a new villain... Which I think they did fairly well with the Inquisitor thus far. A new villain such as... High Inquisitor Jerec? :jawa_evil: It is useless to resist...

By all means, bring in your favorite character to get stomped by a 12 year old.

Should help you realise how I felt with the Revan Novel :p

By all means, bring in your favorite character to get stomped by a 12 year old.

Should help you realise how I felt with the Revan Novel :p

Favorite? No. Think he has great potential that can be explored? Yes.

Besides, by that time it would be season 3 at least, which if they follow the same plan as TCW, will mean more of a challenge for the heroes is required. Though, I do not think he would get stomped on, kus reasons. :p Heck, I dare to even say that in 1 vs 1, he might be stronger than Revan! :eek:

That's right! I said it! :D

Side Note: I do not mean a stomp by any means, I mean in a fair fight he could get a slight edge that allows victory. *awaits the Kaggath match that tests the theory :jawa_evil: *

So far I have been okay with the show. Plenty of stuff I find annoying but plenty of things I have managed to enjoy. Ive been surprised at how Ive liked the characters so far. (Except the Kid. Can not stand him)

But I feel this next episode is going to make or break it for me. Depending on how the deal with Stormtrooper training will see if I can keep watching this show.

Oh right, I forgot about the door. Well, it was unlocked. At least, I assume so since Kanan said to focus on the locking mechanism, or something.

Oh right, I forgot about the door. Well, it was unlocked. At least, I assume so since Kanan said to focus on the locking mechanism, or something.

It was locked, I believe he was saying to unlock it first.

They still had to actually lift it...

It was locked, I believe he was saying to unlock it first.

They still had to actually lift it...

They did have to lift it, didn't they?

Well, I doubt Ezra was of much help, so it's mostly a Kanan feat. I'll have to agree that Kanan will probably only get better.

Well, I doubt Ezra was of much help, so it's mostly a Kanan feat. I'll have to agree that Kanan will probably only get better.

I don't think it was mostly a Kanan feat, he clearly needed Ezra's help with lifting the door otherwise I don't think there would be any point for him to be like

"Hey, focus, gotta get this door up yo."

I mean he struggled holding the Inquistor and nearly dropped Ezra earlier in the episode, so why would he mostly be the one to lift the door? Seemed more like a conjoined effort.

Also I'm getting really annoyed with having to keep relogging in over and over again on this site..

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I don't think it was mostly a Kanan feat, he clearly needed Ezra's help with lifting the door otherwise I don't think there would be any point for him to be like

"Hey, focus, gotta get this door up yo."

I mean he struggled holding the Inquistor and nearly dropped Ezra earlier in the episode, so why would he mostly be the one to lift the door? Seemed more like a conjoined effort.

Also I'm getting really annoyed with having to keep relogging in over and over again on this site..

Then stop browsing on incognito mode :p

My understanding was they didnt lift the door, because they didnt have to Hold it up once it opened. He told him to focus on the lock, because what they were doing was focusing on the locking mechanism and the Opening Mechanism.... bassically they had to work together to do this.

2:23- 2:25, except the door had a more complicated locking mechanism.

Edit: also and Beni I think that again is your prejudice against the "average" force user. I dont think you are giving them enough credit. Yes I believe the Average Force user can pull off Force Pulling a couple people, or Force lifting a ungaurded force opponent. Especially the Average Knight that survived Order 66.

I have heard of untrained force Sensitives "pulling a kanaan" and dodging blaster bolts thinking they just got lucky but the force told them to move. I have yet to see a single Jedi NOT be able to Force pull a person or Force push them especially non Force sensitives completely unprepared for the sudden physical energy moving them. I think this still is an example of the lack of credit Average Knights receive, if anything in certain areas I would call him below average, others slightly above, and others spot on with average. Which is basically the definition of an Average knight to begin with, because every character, every knight is going to have some aspect of the force that they are REALLY good at, and some aspect of the force that they struggle with.

Edited by tunewalker

Hm...yeah could have been the locking mechanism they were doing....eh /shrug.

At any rate, as of now....Kanan seems to be at Carnor Jax leve if not a little above thatl in terms of Force ability, if I had to make a comparison. Jax would certainly be in that range of being able to do what Kanan did.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Hm...yeah could have been the locking mechanism they were doing....eh /shrug.

At any rate, as of now....Kanan seems to be at Carnor Jax level if not a little above that in terms of Force ability, if I had to make a comparison. Jax would certainly be in that range of being able to do what Kanan did.

As far as I am aware Carnor was also known as "Average Jedi Knight" level.