The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Star Wars Rebels

Fuzion_Fire

Tell me what you think of the twist, more and more I'm starting to think she

Isn't dead

It doesn't make sense, it feels like she's alive but very barely. Why else would they freeze her? They need her alive for her presence to still be felt, as they couldn't keep her as a force ghost in place. I think she's still alive... I hope she's still alive.

That or these guys are really bad at the whole "canon" thing.

It is quite confusing. It is entirely possible that Kanan sensed her, or perhaps the Inquisitor projected a false Force presence to deceive him.

Of course it's also possible that the Inquisitor used an illusion to deceive Kanan as well.

To be honest, she looks pretty dead to me. I'm assuming that they froze her in order to keep the body intact. But I'll think on it more.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that's not dead, it's a pretty good impression... having her nose rot away is really committing to the role.

Being frozen should theoretically preserve your body. She doesn't look dead, she looks like she's been a prisoner and malnourished/tortured for years...

Let me have this guys ._.

She's my favorite character :(

Well found confirmation, sorry Sel. But she is dead.

IGN: Can you talk a bit more about that recording?

Filoni: Literally, what you see in that hologram, is her sitting, waiting to be executed. It’s a recording of that event. So when they walk in and see her, they’re actually standing where the Inquisitor was standing [when it was recorded]. And so when she walks up and looks at them kind of distantly and not very friendly, she’s looking at the Inquisitor and that’s what the recording is of. Then she steps over into that chamber and obviously she gets killed there. It’s really wicked when you think about it.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/28/star-wars-rebels-dave-filoni-on-the-luminara-twist-in-rise-of-the-old-masters

And beautiful.

Think about it, the clones saved her not shot her, likely because she was in the middle of healing them...

Eh, I wouldn't go too far with it. It's more likely they tried to kill her and she escaped. But that's a possibility.

Now if only they could find a way to bring Plo Koon back...

Nah. :p

Eh, I wouldn't go too far with it. It's more likely they tried to kill her and she escaped. But that's a possibility.

Now if only they could find a way to bring Plo Koon back...

Nah. :p

She was surrounded seconds before order 66, there's no way she escaped.

And yeh we saw her in the background in episode 3 so we know that's how it happened...

3. Kanan is waaay overpowered. I feel like Rebels is taking liberties with Force powers here, liberties that TCW didn't take, probably because of George's guidance. And it shows, I feel as if they don't know what they're doing.

In fact, I wonder how many times George has been face palming while watching this show. :p

Once again I start to more clearly see, why I think you guys "over blow" other characters. Its not "over blowing" now more then ever its clear you guys just "under estimate" every single other Jedi.

Kanan was described as undisciplined and un focused. He got straight beat by the inquisitor of which we know by comparison to Vader is basically nothing. The creators have come out and said he is rusty and not used to using his old Jedi powers.

Kanan is just Average, and every thing he has done.... has shown just that. His TK feats have been duplicated by Average knights. His acrobatics, everything.

If Star Wars was like Harry Potter. Then Kanan would be half way through his 6th year having passed his OWL, or in this case his OJL's or Ordinary Jedi Levels. In Hand to Hand though he would likely have gotten an O for Oustanding, For TK he likely would have gotten an E for Exceeds expectations, and for Saber Combat barely would have passed with an A, for Acceptable. Basically, what you are calling OP, I have seen nothing but Ordinary Jedi Preformance Levels. Considering the writers intent with the whole "undiciplined and unfocused" about what Kanan's level of ability is supposed to be, it is safe to say you have greatly underestimated the ability of an average Jedi Knight during PT and NJO, and likely greatly underestimated your own assessment of the masters of that era's abilities. Kanan isnt even half as powerful as Obi-wan or Dooku..... take from that what you will about how much you have underestimated Dooku and Obi-wan this whole time. (not to mention people like Katarn, Corran, so on and so forth)

Edited by tunewalker

Once again I start to more clearly see, why I think you guys "over blow" other characters. Its not "over blowing" now more then ever its clear you guys just "under estimate" every single other Jedi.

Kanan was described as undisciplined and un focused. He got straight beat by the inquisitor of which we know by comparison to Vader is basically nothing. The creators have come out and said he is rusty and not used to using his old Jedi powers.

Kanan is just Average, and every thing he has done.... has shown just that. His TK feats have been duplicated by Average knights. His acrobatics, everything.

If Star Wars was like Harry Potter. Then Kanan would be half way through his 6th year having passed his OWL, or in this case his OJL's or Ordinary Jedi Levels. In Hand to Hand though he would likely have gotten an O for Oustanding, For TK he likely would have gotten an E for Exceeds expectations, and for Saber Combat barely would have passed with an A, for Acceptable. Basically, what you are calling OP, I have seen nothing but Ordinary Jedi Preformance Levels. Considering the writers intent with the whole "undiciplined and unfocused" about what Kanan's level of ability is supposed to be, it is safe to say you have greatly underestimated the ability of an average Jedi Knight during PT and NJO, and likely greatly underestimated your own assessment of the masters of that era's abilities. Kanan isnt even half as powerful as Obi-wan or Dooku..... take from that what you will about how much you have underestimated Dooku and Obi-wan this whole time. (not to mention people like Katarn, Corran, so on and so forth)

Well that's your opinion, Manneus. But from my point of view, Kanaan is overpowered, and demonstrating far more than the basic abilities we see in TCW and in the Prequel Trilogy. If you'd like to provide some examples, feel free.

Anyway at the very least Kanaan is not acting like a Jedi, his is abusing his powers a la Starkiller and effectively acting like a Sith. Now sure he's rough around the edges, but he's not really, he's a Jedi Knight and acts like one. Apart from the way in which he uses his Force powers, despite being armed with a blaster and a lightsaber. It makes little sense.

P.S. What this has to do with Kenobi and Dooku I don't know... I wasn't aware I underestimated them. In fact if we are to assume that Kanaan is average then my estimations of high level masters would surely increase.

Edited by Beniboybling

Well that's your opinion, Manneus. But from my point of view, Kanaan is overpowered, and demonstrating far more than the basic abilities we see in TCW and in the Prequel Trilogy. If you'd like to provide some examples, feel free.

Anyway at the very least Kanaan is not acting like a Jedi, his is abusing his powers a la Starkiller and effectively acting like a Sith. Now sure he's rough around the edges, but he's not really, he's a Jedi Knight and acts like one. Apart from the way in which he uses his Force powers, despite being armed with a blaster and a lightsaber. It makes little sense.

P.S. What this has to do with Kenobi and Dooku I don't know... I wasn't aware I underestimated them. In fact if we are to assume that Kanaan is average then my estimations of high level masters would surely increase.

? What is 'overpowered' with Kanan exactly?

You lost me a bit here, could you rephrase? Just trying to understand what you're getting at.

Many of you will likely hate me for this statement, but I feel Tune is correct in this instance. When I watched the episode, I didn't really see anything wrong power wise or strength wise for Kanaan. He basically fit the strength level of an average Jedi Knight of the prequel era just about right. Granted, he hasn't been a Jedi in a long time, and back then wasn't "restraint" all the rage with the Jedi? :p After living the life he has lived thus far, allowing himself to use those abilities again doesn't seem so far fetched to be used in these manners.

Neither was it anywhere close to as brutal as Star Killers use of the force, seeing how he mostly used it in combination with his hand to hand combat, which is admittedly better than most. If he was facing off against enemies that had a way to negate the pushes/pulls, then there might be more room for the overpowered argument. But these stormtroopers neither have the training, nor the equipment to combat the force, nor the experience.

Though I wouldn't go and buff your favorite jedi/sith just yet, they still need deflation I say! Some less known characters need spotlight too! *Jerec...Desann...Katarn... Coran...Lomi Plo... Alema... ect ect* :D At times, if the likes of force users such as Obi-wan or Dooku were as strong as many believe them to be, they could just solo armies. They did not, because they could not. Do not get me wrong, they are strong, but they are not the beasts that many perceive them to be. THE master of Makashi or not, a blaster bolt will hurt, poison will kill, lack of oxygen will explode their head, nor do they always have the solutions. Nor does THE master of Soreseu have the ability to defend against EVERYTHING, or take on unlimited opponents, even these powerful characters had severe limits. I know most of what is said in regards to this is hyperbolic statements and jokes and such, but still... Even if you say something jokingly enough, you start to believe it.

Edited by Silenceo

The ease at which he was throwing around Stormtroopers certainly had me thinking more of TFU than the movies or TCW.

Pulling the blasters out of their hands at one point was fine, but while the "Get over here!" double-clothesline looked really cool, it also seemed a bit much, especially when its followed up by pinning the Inquisitor to the ceiling a couple minutes later.

There may have been comparable moments in The Clone Wars, but in the movies we really only see Jedi give a straightforward shove or something on that level. The bit where Dooku grabs and tosses Obi-Wan at the start of Ep. III is the only thing that even comes close to what Kanan was pulling off here.

The manner is which he ragdolls every Stormtrooper he sees, then proceeding to trap the Inquisitor - who was thrashing him in a duel - in a Force group, its not only overpowered but excessive I feel. Edited by Beniboybling

...? Really? That's what you guys see as 'overpowered'? Now I'm just more confused really...that's pretty average, many Force Users can pick up regular people and throw them, there really isn't anything high level about it.

Kanan is nowhere near OP.

Edit: Ok sure it's excessive Beni, but what else is he suppose to do?

Also he only Force gripped the Inquistor cause the latter was distracted with Ezra and he was clearly having a hard time doing it. He couldn't even lift Ezra back up all the way and nearly dropped him if it wasn't for Zeb.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

...? Really? That's what you guys see as 'overpowered'? Now I'm just more confused really...that's pretty average, many Force Users can pick up regular people and throw them, there really isn't anything high level about it.

Well each to their own, it just seemed very distinct from what we see in the movies and TCW.

But I disagree, most Force Users can't pick up other people with such ease.

Edited by Beniboybling

Also he only Force gripped the Inquistor cause the latter was distracted and he was clearly having a hard time doing it.

Excessive yes, Op, no. Instead though he could have... Uh... Sliced their arms off? Not quite as kid friendly... Or awesome looking...

As for the Inquisitor, many many reasons that worked. Even when it did, you could tell the strain it took to keep him immobile even for those few seconds, and how he isn't really moving either. Not to mention how casually and effortlessly the Inquisitor recovers, almost like he is amused by the display.