Dread Masters *Spoilers*

JourrnoRush

When you defeat the Dread Masters at the end of Dread Palace they some interesting things.

"Death...I can feel it."

"At last...."

Then the other ones say normal Sith like things, "How can this be." "There was more...." etc.

Now the ones who sounded like they were glad to die or be at peace, it does make me wonder of their motives.

Were the Dread Masters actually pawns of the Emperor?

Think about it, the Emperor is gone yet this group wants to destroy the galaxy much like the Emperor does/did. By killing them, we separate their "bond" with the Emperor hence why some of them say "At last..." or "I can feel it."

Thoughts? Or perhaps they were just evil tormented individuals that might have wanted to die?

Maybe they were like Sion in the sense that they had been living in fear (pain in Sion's case) for so long and they were just glad to be rid of it. Considering how Calphayus acts in the Republic ending, I think that may actually be it. Sion lived in excruciating pain for a mere 40 years compared to 900 of the Dread Masters, but the feeling seems to be the same. Edited by Sangiban

When you defeat the Dread Masters at the end of Dread Palace they some interesting things.

"Death...I can feel it."

"At last...."

Then the other ones say normal Sith like things, "How can this be." "There was more...." etc.

Now the ones who sounded like they were glad to die or be at peace, it does make me wonder of their motives.

Were the Dread Masters actually pawns of the Emperor?

Think about it, the Emperor is gone yet this group wants to destroy the galaxy much like the Emperor does/did. By killing them, we separate their "bond" with the Emperor hence why some of them say "At last..." or "I can feel it."

Thoughts? Or perhaps they were just evil tormented individuals that might have wanted to die?

Quote from Explosive Conflict aftermath: "We no longer care for you or your Emperor."

They used to work directly for the Emperor, yes. But when they heard that he died, they went rogue.

The destruction of the galaxy, however, wasn't their original goal. The problem was that Dread Master Styrak died on Darvannis. This caused them to turn insane, as their powers of dread required a union of 6 to be kept in check. During the Oricon storyline, they clearly formulate their plan: destroy the Empire, destroy the Republic, kill every living thing in the galaxy, and then die.

Quote from Explosive Conflict aftermath: "We no longer care for you or your Emperor."

They used to work directly for the Emperor, yes. But when they heard that he died, they went rogue.

The destruction of the galaxy, however, wasn't their original goal. The problem was that Dread Master Styrak died on Darvannis. This caused them to turn insane, as their powers of dread required a union of 6 to be kept in check. During the Oricon storyline, they clearly formulate their plan: destroy the Empire, destroy the Republic, kill every living thing in the galaxy, and then die.

^^^^ Pretty much this.

Regardless, now that the Emperor is bound to return, expect people to dig up stuff with little or no relation to future events. It started already. :p

^^^^ Pretty much this.

Regardless, now that the Emperor is bound to return, expect people to dig up stuff with little or no relation to future events. It started already. :p

Yeah I saw that thread. Sure, you can retroactively interpret that scene in that way, but it wasn't the original intention. Taral V and Maelstorm Prison and their Imperial counterparts have been in the game since launch, which was a point at which the developers weren't even sure yet if they'd ever bring Revan at all, hence the ambiguous ending of the Foundry.

Anyways OP, after having lost Styrak and then later Brontes in Dread Fortress, death was a relief for most of the Masters.

Edited by Darkelefantos