Something I noticed (Revan related)

Suspecticide

I was going through some stuff digging for more Revan info (blame it on the expac hype) and i came upon the opening to Taral V where you see the exile with Master Oteg. The exile (being one with the force) mentioned something that sounded like somewhat of a prophecy, "The prisoner holds the darkness at bay, lost inside it for three-hundred years. His Strength will fail and then he will become Darkness." sounds to me like she knew he would be defeated in the foundry, and reborn as "The darkness." One would assume the Darkness refers to the Emperor (since he was "holding it back"). This is all speculation though but i think it's plausible to believe that Bioware was planning the story to go this direction from the beginning. If so (and god i hope so) then yet again we have been trumped by Biowares superior style of storytelling,

Friends, a big "What the **** moment" may be upon us yet again...

Edited by Suspecticide

I was going through some stuff digging for more Revan info (blame it on the expac hype) and i came upon the opening to Taral V where you see the exile with Master Oteg. The exile (being one with the force) mentioned something that sounded like somewhat of a prophecy, "The prisoner holds the darkness at bay, lost inside it for three-hundred years. His Strength will fail and then he will become Darkness." sounds to me like she knew he would be defeated in the foundry, and reborn as "The darkness." One would assume the Darkness refers to the Emperor (since he was "holding it back"). This is all speculation though but i think it's plausible to believe that Bioware was planning the story to go this direction from the beginning. If so (and god i hope so) then yet again we have been trumped by Biowares superior style of storytelling,

Friends, a big "What the **** moment" may be upon us yet again...

Not really. You completely misunderstood what the Exile meant.

She's says that if Revan isn't liberated soon enough, the Emperor will eventually take over him. Such did not happen, seeing that Revan ended up being freed by the Republic.

During the Taral V and Maelstrom Prison FP's, the Exile also mentions a scarred man following, bringing fire from the sky and Oteg dying in flames. This is obviously a reference to Grand Moff Kilran.

In other words, everything that is said by her is a reference of sorts pertaining the current situation, as it was THEN, not HOW it was supposed to be in the far future.

Also, having Revan being controlled by the Emperor -- again -- is as original as the Fast & Furious 7; Dude had 300 years to take over Revan while the latter was on stasis, completely harmless... And all over the sudden, he succeeds just because? Even when the Emperor himself was weakened? :confused:

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.