Charged bolts in PVP?

Nireesh

Quick question,.. does this ability work in PVP? I play mostly PVE and I've got charged bolts in my assault rotation. I thought I could just jump into a warzone and use the same abilities, but charged bolts is always greyed out. Just wondering what I'm doing wrong or if I need to spec a different skill tree layout for pvp. I don't see much about commando pvp, any links would be appreciated.

Quick question,.. does this ability work in PVP? I play mostly PVE and I've got charged bolts in my assault rotation. I thought I could just jump into a warzone and use the same abilities, but charged bolts is always greyed out. Just wondering what I'm doing wrong or if I need to spec a different skill tree layout for pvp. I don't see much about commando pvp, any links would be appreciated.

Are you using a rifle in PVP.

Rifle disable Charged Bolts. Assault Cannon is essential for Assault.

Are you using a rifle in PVP.

Rifle disable Charged Bolts. Assault Cannon is essential for Assault.

That was my problem, thanks! I assumed the weapon you'd get with comms at the pvp vendor would be appropriate, but I guess not!

You probably bought a Combat Tech weapon, you should be using Elminator gear as a Commando/Mercinary (unless your an Assault/Pyro Vanguard/PT)

First, as a DPS commando/mercenary, you actually want a mix of Eliminator, Combat Tech, and Medic gear. Eliminator Armor pieces for the set bonus and, if I remember right, Tech Implants, Tech Belt and Bracers, Tech Earpiece , Eliminator Assault cannon, and Medic generator. You don't need alacrity or accuracy from your mods or enhancements. Though a person could switch out the belt/bracers with either Eliminator or Medic ones if a person wanted a little bit of crit.

Secondly, as an Assault/Pyro VG/PT, you would still want the Eliminator set bonus. Yeah, the 2 piece is worthless for them but getting +15% crit chance to HiB/RS is worth it.

Edited by DariusCalera

First, as a DPS commando/mercenary, you actually want a mix of Eliminator, Combat Tech, and Medic gear. Eliminator Armor pieces for the set bonus and, if I remember right, Tech Implants, Tech Belt and Bracers, Tech Earpiece , Eliminator Assault cannon, and Medic generator. You don't need alacrity or accuracy from your mods or enhancements. Though a person could switch out the belt/bracers with either Eliminator or Medic ones if a person wanted a little bit of crit.

Well, a little bit of alacrity is nice for Gunnery/Arsenal.

Secondly, as an Assault/Pyro VG/PT, you would still want the Eliminator set bonus. Yeah, the 2 piece is worthless for them but getting +15% crit chance to HiB/RS is worth it.

that's what i was saying...

/5char