Possible Companion Buffs been counted twice.

MisterGaspan

I logged in after the patch to find I have received an extra 1% accuracy and a small chunk of HP ( not sure on the exact amount ).

The people that I have talked to that are getting this as well are those that have the companion buffs unlocked from maxing out companions. Those that dont get the extra are those that havent unlocked the buffs.

I don't get an accuracy bonus, but I have only one melee tank unlocked.

What I do get is the 1% extra crit chance (4 ranged dds) and about 300 HP (4 ranged tanks)

So we might either get the companion bonuses for up to 2 companions, or they are applied for each faction separately.

Edited by Mubrak

I don't get an accuracy bonus, but I have only one melee tank unlocked.

What I do get is the 1% extra crit chance (4 ranged dds) and about 300 HP (4 ranged tanks)

So we might either get the companion bonuses for up to 2 companions, or they are applied for each faction separately.

I think its specific companions. I didn't get anything but the extra health and maybe the extra healing, and my maxed out companions are:

Jedi Knight - All

Jedi Consular - All

Trooper - All

Smuggler - Risha

Sith Warrior - Malavai, Jaesa

Sith Inquisitor - Khem

Bounty Hunter - All

Agent - None (I skipped all non-class missions ok!)

After some testing with a friend's toons versus my toons, we believe this is due to some of the companions being put on a separate 'lock out' for the 1% bonus. It seems that Scorpio is separate from the main group, although I do not know which if any of the others are included. My friend already had Khem unlocked and did not get the second percent until he did Scorpio.

after today's patch i can happily say it still happens please bioware take your time fixing this no rush needed at all it's not even that high of a boost it's like 800 hp and 0.5 percent accuracy but i love having my characters all above 100 percent :)

after today's patch i can happily say it still happens please bioware take your time fixing this no rush needed at all it's not even that high of a boost it's like 800 hp and 0.5 percent accuracy but i love having my characters all above 100 percent :)

Today's patch was a hotfix.

Probably around the time 2.10.2 is deployed, they'll most likely fix it. Just saying, lest people start criticizing them for actually fixing stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey there!

I have made the team aware of the "bonus stats" issue, and we'll get to the bottom of what's going on.

Thanks!

-Tait

I am actually getting an extra 1% to my accuracy, crit, surge, and probably also getting extra hp and healing received but cant confirm that. Before the strongholds patch I had all republic class companions, and 1 imperial class companions (Agent) at max affection and had a 1% increase to the above mentioned stats. But on 9-27-2014, i maxed the rest of my imperial companions. That is when i got the extra 1%. So it seems to me that the strongholds patch didn't necessarily give people the extra 1% to the stats, but instead, the patch reset the unlock so that if you maxed affection on companions that you hadn't before the patch, you will get the 1% increase to the stat effected by that companion.

And just for the record, I hope this "bug" is never fixed. I think a 1% per faction increase is pretty fair. :D

Edited by Adhabah
more info

Is this affecting presence as well? I just got a new toon to 55 and noticed that he has 920 presence, without having any of the presence datacrons. Another toon who does have all the datacrons now has 970 instead of the normal 910.

• 4 weeks later...
I have tracked the DPS Stat boosting companions down to:

Vector

Ensign Temple

Scorpio

Ok, so the Agent companions have been confirmed to give the stat increase. However, I think the bounty hunter companions are affected by this as well. Can anyone confirm this? I maxed affection on a Bounty Hunter companion and saw a further increase in endurance.

Edited by revcrisis