Is Trooper's Dark Side options, uhum, really dark?

TGaP_Andrey

Wanna try something new in my roleplay and I suppose i pick trooper my next toon. The idea was inspired by dat scene from End of Evangelion (maybe there are some oldfags on this forum :b) where JSSDF forces assaulted NERV HQ and just damn killed everyone (given that "everyone" -- just a bunch of armless civilians) with some coldblooded brutality (u know, burning alive by flamethrower it's kinda creepy) and... Silence, just because that was an order.

So, wanna build some kind of ruthless and, most importantly, faceless, like a clone, soldier, who just doing what his told, no matter the cost. Is dat possible? Don't wanna build a Hero©, wanna a batsh*t murderer, lol.

sorry for my English anyway

Edited by TGaP_Andrey

DS trooper is an inconsistent mix of (small scale) 'ruthless soldier' and 'selfish jerk' and doesn't always involve following orders. You basically end up being a petty thug/bully.

If you "wanna a batsh*t murderer", you're better off with a Sith Warrior.

Edited by Lesaberisa

Don't wanna build a Hero©, wanna a batsh*t murderer, lol.

The dark choices I've seen so far (got a trooper to about 30) are sometimes causing more death than necessary, but you can do alot of that just by not picking the light option. Just as often it's corruption, as mentioned.

That said I could play my Trooper like some modern Special Forces soldier behind enemy lines...Innocent civilians spotted my team - shall I become a war criminal by killing them or risk the mission by letting them go, possibly to report us? The only way to be sure is if they're dead, right? But that's "just" ruthlessness in pursuing your objective, not killing civilians for fun.

Sith Warrior on dark overdrive is the insane murderer. :eek:

Edited by Spetulhu

The dark choices I've seen so far (got a trooper to about 30) are sometimes causing more death than necessary, but you can do alot of that just by not picking the light option. Just as often it's corruption, as mentioned.

That said I could play my Trooper like some modern Special Forces soldier behind enemy lines...Innocent civilians spotted my team - shall I become a war criminal by killing them or risk the mission by letting them go, possibly to report us? The only way to be sure is if they're dead, right? But that's "just" ruthlessness in pursuing your objective, not killing civilians for fun.

Sith Warrior on dark overdrive is the insane murderer. :eek:

Yeah nothing beats, "This will be easier then terrorizing children," or "Sure don't you eat what you kill?"

If you're wanting a consistent character, you're better off mixing your choices as a trooper as you see fit. As dark side, several involve following orders even though those orders will result in the deaths of innocents, and others are just you doing whatever you want and lining your own pockets. An early planet has one dark side choice that involves following orders to asphyxiate several civilians to death, and later one to defy direct orders to bring someone in alive and instead just blasting them. A later choice has you shooting up an Imperial outpost you were specifically instructed not to attack under any circumstances. It largely just boils down to 'am I going to be killing people in a cutscene' when deciding which choice is dark, which is pretty sloppy and inconsistent.

In general though, yes. Your dark side choices as a trooper can be pretty grim. Walking into a medical facility and shooting the wounded as they beg for mercy grim.

I don't know, there's a few times as a trooper where you go beyond what's remotely reasonable, apparently out of pure spite. Going back on your word to provide medical treatment to irradiated civilians and letting them die agonizingly slowly because they did some work for your enemies comes to mind.

Edited by Bleeters

I decided to play my trooper as an "the ends justify the means" character. Early on in my trooper story, it seemed I couldn't do anything right, and Garza was always yelling at me. So I decided to follow orders to the letter. Didn't matter if I had to do unsavory things, I did exactly as I was told and Garza loved me for it. I ended up somewhere around Dark II by the end. It was an interesting take on the story, even though I did get yelled at a few times for being a horrible person by other NPC's. :o Edited by CloudCastle