Interactable crystals after DP final boss, secret boss?

Hello all!

I have recently noticed that after the dread council fight (8m sm) all of the throne crystals had open a passage and we could actually claim a bit of the dread masters power. However I was the only one left in the instance and due to passage closing after claiming the throne, I died of fall damage. I would like to know if anything happens when the whole ops group or a single person claims all of the thrones? Could it possibly be a location for a secret boss? The council room itself? As somebody mentioned before there was an unseen presence on the throne of Calphayus during the fight. Maybe there is some secret boss in the dread palace? A boss after the fight to prevent the players from focusing on the details :rolleyes: well, I aprecciate any feedback, discuss!

Hello all!

I have recently noticed that after the dread council fight (8m sm) all of the throne crystals had open a passage and we could actually claim a bit of the dread masters power. However I was the only one left in the instance and due to passage closing after claiming the throne, I died of fall damage. I would like to know if anything happens when the whole ops group or a single person claims all of the thrones? Could it possibly be a location for a secret boss? The council room itself? As somebody mentioned before there was an unseen presence on the throne of Calphayus during the fight. Maybe there is some secret boss in the dread palace? A boss after the fight to prevent the players from focusing on the details :rolleyes: well, I aprecciate any feedback, discuss!

To my knowledge, it was confirmed in one way or another that Secret bosses will no longer be developed. It takes time to build up a boss and a boss like Hateful Entity where only 1% of the games entire population would fight it, doesn't pay off for them to neglect say, Forged Alliance Part IV by a month just to make the 'Peaceful Entity'. A lot of us want a secret boss in DP/DF but it's unlikely it'll happen at least until after 3.0 considering Dreadful was in the 1.0 iterations, Hateful was in 2.3 I believe? and so on.

That being said, there could be one somewhere deep in the palace but no one has found much proof or indication such as the big red text for Dreadful or the out of the way Womp Spawn for Hateful.

Hello all!

I have recently noticed that after the dread council fight (8m sm) all of the throne crystals had open a passage and we could actually claim a bit of the dread masters power.

You mean port up to the thrones, click the crystal on top and channel? If that's what your talking about, you are referring to an essential mechanic in HM and NiM DP. In SM you don't have to grab the crystals so they may have just been chilling there after you finished the fight.

As for a reason to develop a secret boss, what was said is true. Such a small portion of the population could achieve it, however, its coming to the time where guilds who couldn't do it before are attempting it now, and after 3.0 and level increase, I wouldn't be surprised to see more eternal warriors running around. So BW might actual see the benefits of creating that content at later date.

For the future "secret bosses" (if there will be any), I would propose their be different levels of the boss (HM and NiM as SM isn't really worth it). They would still drop vanity items like hateful and have HM secret boss drop a modable orange piece and NiM drop the second (in the game) legendary piece.

If they do another intense vanity, it should be a weapon,

Edited by Joran-Koon