The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

We need a new Cartel Market Vendor...

RevanAno

We need a Vendor that we can trade about five or six Cartel Market items that we don't want for a Cartel market Certificate. The trade items being the individual Cartel Armor, or Decoration pieces that we already get.

This will help balance the GTN Market by removing the undesired items from the game and transfer an item that so far is available only through the Packs. The undesired items will actually have a value, which will make buying Packs a continued want for players. By players trade in actions a common item might even become a valuable item on the GTN.

I would suggest placing the Vendor on the respective Home Worlds to spread out player traffic. Make a unique character look for the Vendor. You could even create a Vendor that trades the items for a small amount of war effort points. Both trades would open up the game to a wider audience than those that directly purchase the Packs.

The trade window would look similar to a mail window with a message that explains you need to drag-drop a single item into each open window, the windows are all filled then the trade items button becomes highlighted. Click the button and get a warning of trade window., approve or disapprove then window closes completed.

We need a Vendor that we can trade about five or six Cartel Market items that we don't want for a Cartel market Certificate. The trade items being the individual Cartel Armor, or Decoration pieces that we already get.

This will help balance the GTN Market by removing the undesired items from the game and transfer an item that so far is available only through the Packs. The undesired items will actually have a value, which will make buying Packs a continued want for players. By players trade in actions a common item might even become a valuable item on the GTN.

I would suggest placing the Vendor on the respective Home Worlds to spread out player traffic. Make a unique character look for the Vendor. You could even create a Vendor that trades the items for a small amount of war effort points. Both trades would open up the game to a wider audience than those that directly purchase the Packs.

The trade window would look similar to a mail window with a message that explains you need to drag-drop a single item into each open window, the windows are all filled then the trade items button becomes highlighted. Click the button and get a warning of trade window., approve or disapprove then window closes completed.

think about that a second...

are certain things worth more/less? how do they decide what it is worth?

for instance a container of boots/pants worth more/less than the individual contents?

if set is gained peace by peace and lots of excess boots are those worth more/less than sets that come in containers?

is a crit crystal worth more/less than a war hero's crystal?

are boosts also added into that exchange?

is a 200credit belt worth less in echange than a 1500credit speeder? or is it a 1:1?

I actually have thought about this. All these pieces have been brought into the game with Real Life money. So each item really has a one set value based on how many are obtained within a Pack. The NPC Vendor only counts each item as one towards the trade balance for what it gives you regardless if it's a Mount, Armor, Decoration, Pet, Weapon.

It then becomes the actions of the Players on a server as to what they decide to trade. A player may decide they want to trade every pair of Satele's Tunics they can, they still get the same as if they traded all pets or a mix or items.

Right now we see cyber armor selling for less than 100 credits on the GTN. With this. those pieces might become worth something as players decide do they trade it out of the game or do their sell/keep the items.

Game Design balance really gets out of balance when you have a item store that places items into a game without a means to remove them. This grants that option to players, it's not required to be used by a player. I really think this tool would improve GTN play (win for players) and keep the packs selling (win for the store).

Adding additional idea....

A new Personnel that is a vendor for our strong hold. You get a page to load items in for sale and like a cargo hold you can buy additional pages. Also like GTN, have a listing fee that is nonrefundable for early withdrawal. Your prestige level could give you a sale cost discount. Yes, like the GTN have a sale cost so it's not just another storage space but if you wanted to pay the fees you could. Items listed are only available for sale at the vendor, so you publicly list then people can visit your stronghold and buy from it there. You keep private then key holders and invitees can use it. Items listed would not expire. Give us a few different looks as well, design options are always good. All your Vendors would be one pool, so you would need to think if I list publicly I do not want to have really discounted prices that I would give to friends or keep it private.

Wold like to see some design options available for the storage devices.

1) A wall model that has no big color panel or floating key. Shrink the size to on par with the GTN wall mount

terminal.

2)Storage access that looks like Personnel. I would rather go to a figure and access storage than to go to a box.

I also want a working console that I can click to keep me informed of currently running events and upcoming events. I think to interact with objects in a game, makes it more immersive to me than clicking a menu button on the hud.

So GM's think of other options that can be made into a click-able object for the stronghold. Help us with reasons why people want to visit our strongholds other than seeing how we arrange things. Then fighting for top listing on the public board would become something worth doing.

still no idea what you are asking for. You have failed to articulate what this other "market" would be used for and how the currency works.

I have an item I go to this market and do what with it? How is it done" and who are the parties involved?

I have crystal I go to the market click a button and...?

do i get credits back?

gain cartel coins?

its just "removed from the game" and I get nothing?

What if I want to credits instead of whatever magical currency this new market works in?

what happens if i buy something off the GTN in credits, do I get to take it to the new market and do <whatever this market does> with it?

still no idea what you are asking for. You have failed to articulate what this other "market" would be used for and how the currency works.

I have an item I go to this market and do what with it? How is it done" and who are the parties involved?

I have crystal I go to the market click a button and...?

do i get credits back?

gain cartel coins?

its just "removed from the game" and I get nothing?

What if I want to credits instead of whatever magical currency this new market works in?

what happens if i buy something off the GTN in credits, do I get to take it to the new market and do <whatever this market does> with it?

You take unbound cartel market items to a Vendor NPC that exchanges a set amount of the items from a Cartel Market Certificate or possibly War Points. Does not matter if you bought from the GTN, received as a Gift or opened a pack.

These are items that can not be sold to a Vendor now and has no way to remove other than to bind for use, how many Series what- ever's do you need to do this for.... Sorry I thought this was all clearly stated.

Simply an alternate way to obtain Cartel market Certificates if you can not afford to spend additional real life cash or an alternate means to earn War Points (which was an after thought)