Question on Ilum and tatooine PvP zone

Elminster_cs

It's been a long time since I've checked this, but AFAIK:

1. The Outlaw's Den on Tatooine is a large open world mandatory PvP flag area. It is also a free-for-all zone where you can attack anyone not in your group, so you can fight someone of the same faction. Your companion is removed.

2. Ilum has a large open world mandatory PvP flag area, but it is not a free-for-all zone. You can attack players of the opposing faction only. I don't recall if a companion is allowed or not. There were some sort of capture-the-flag thingies in the area -- wrecks you can 'control' or some such. A billboard will appear stating that 'so-and-so is in the X area' to let you know there are players around a certain control zone. Quite nerve-wracking when you are a lowbie smuggler stealthing around to take a look at things and you see your name announced 'by the south wreck', followed shortly by 'XXsniperdudeXx is by the south wreck'... 'xPubKillax is by the south wreck'... 'MoarGibbs is by the south wreck'...

*Imp names have been changed to protect the, er, innocent.

Your guild grudge match should work on Tatooine but not Ilum.

Edited by Midaeus

No, your information is outdated, did you stop playing with 1.2? :cool:

The Ilum PvP area has been completely revamped with the Gree event (1.7) and now works just like the Tatooine PvP zone.

It is free-for-all, so you can attack everyone who is not in your group and not in your guild. You can even attack players of the same faction, though there are some players on some servers that feel it is wrong when they are attacked by their own faction. There are some funny stories of players leaving their PvP guild just so they could attack other players from their guild, and then having to explain to the guild master why they need to be invited again. ;)

Edited by Jerba

Ah, does Ilum stay that way even after the Gree leave? My mistake.

Yes, you can no longer accept quests and all mobs are gone, but the area basically stays the same. The very old Ilum PvP area is gone for good and is no longer in-game.

Edited by Jerba