PVE Merc Dps help needed

NateSmuggler

Im a healer normally but my guild has a need for rDPS. I dont wanna play a sniper, and there are just too many Sorc dps running around right now. I want to play a Merc dps.

What is the best talent tree for PVE DPS? I have heard about a hybrid of arsenal and pyro but is that as good as arsenal or pyro straight out for PVE?

i think the current consensus is pyro will parse higher on dummy / single target fights, but has a much more difficult rotation due to the mis-alignment of CD's and ammo regen, Arsenal is often better on fights with changing targets and has a more straight forward rotation, so is often easier to start with until you learn the ins and outs of the class. good luck with it :) Mercs are the bomb to dps with... so much fun! Edited by Oxidsed

Commando or merc you should be using both trees if you are part of a progression group. For example I run arsenal on draxxus, corruptor zero, brontes, bestia(sometimes), calphayus, and raptus (nim). Pyro on nefra, grob, bestia(sometimes) tyrans, (raptus hm), and council.

Should be able to parse about 500 higher on a dummy in pyro than in arsenal.

Edited by Foxpthree