The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Massive Server lags for all servers = Bioware will ignore

Chupaacabra

Jedi Covenant server, here...

I was doing the rakata flashpoint at 1am EST when I came home from work a few hours prior and experience not once but twice in a row with massive lag and dropped from game. The other party member experience the same lag at the beginning of the flashpoint. I however was unlucky getting back after the second drop. There goes that group and progress made. I did one more flashpoint before hitting the sack. :(

Today, at 5pm EST I had 30,000k worth of latency server lag. Sunday was terrible! Dropping left and right. I normally don't have any lag and remain at 27-30ms. Now it's 200+ just doing random decorating, flashpoints or planet side questing !?!

Something is certainly going on either with the server being overloaded with lag or something! I suspect it's the strongholds decor causing this great amount of lag? Or the increased amount of new players? :eek:

I've checked with my cable company today to see what could be done to up the cable Internet performance/speed. I've upgraded our router for better connectivity which should arrive tomorrow (Tuesday) Here's hoping it solves some irritation of latency issues. :rak_02: If that doesn't work... I don't know what will!

Edited by Zeng

On the red Eclipse where i play for the past week Ive had server problems they've got better since 2-3 days ago where it was unplayable for a short time but still the problem remains I think out of 12 hours of game time ive probably had 5-6 random dcs which iIdon't mind too much when in not doing anything but when doing a ops or some pvp and you get right to the end and then cuts out I find it rather annoying

I knew a few others of my guild having this and I hope bio can come up with some sort of fix

I hate to throw gas on a fire but, I was on the Harbringer (think I spelled that right) yesterday and I must of DC'ed 8-9 and it would go strait to an endless loading screen. Every Time it happened I had to close Swtor, reopen it, submit my login info and use my Security Key. I know that doesn't sound like much but, ONCE YOU HAVE DONE IT 8-9 TIMES IN LESS THAN 2 HOURS IT GETS PRETTY FREAKING ANNOYING :mad: .

I think BW needs to check into some things.

This is how it was for me on Saturday. Different server though...Shadowlands, but it was exactly as you describe.

While OP did exaggerate some. lolz

I agree with him. Sunday night game was quite playable, had no lag issues other than the normal (my) internet problems.

Login Mon it's all I can do to quest on Oricon. I log out, log back in later. Finally restart my pc. Still the same. Thought maybe the planet. Nope.

Maybe that toon. NOPE.

Login to my Pub healer same problem. I can not do much of anything. (Pot5 here) I quit the WZ I was in because I could not heal, just would be stun locked & dead by the time I quit lagging. (Oh and my MS is like 45ms.)

I run virus scan, clear cookies, history. Hoping maybe it's just that, although my internet is not acting any different on webpages that I've noticed.

I login today, same problem. I can't even do a GSF! I got a few kills, but am just glitchy & then dead.

I asked in guild turns out it's not just me. GM said it's the game itself. (Which is a relief that it's not my pc.)

Bioware did something, lost something, idk they really need to correct it though. I will not be able to run my progressive raid this week, nor help any of my guilds run for CPs because of this. I definitely will not be able to HEAL ANYTHING! lolz

Any ideas on what it could be??

Edited by CaptRogue
Grammar