To all the 1v1 posters here...

TheFishes

i agree OP.

amazing some people in this game understand what BW did in making a third arch-type

people who post here seem to forget is that there are three different roles to play.

1) healer

2) dps

3) tank *my personal favorite

people forget that tanks even exist from reading the post. Tanks change the way healing and dps should be looked at cause of guard and taunt, to many seem to neglect the impact they have on healing and dps's ability to do their job.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's quite simple...

This pvp system is based around teamwork. I've seen the following type posts, and I'd like to respond how I did after I got over the rage...

1 - I'm a tank spec tank class that can't kill anyone 1 on 1:

No, you can't, because it's not your job... Team based PvP means, given the tools you have, that it's your job to roll around with the light armor dps and healers. Have you ever noticed that they are the ones targeted first? Guardians/Juggernauts, you get your force charge not so much to go after the enemy, but rather to get back to the guy beating on your healer, he's stunned now, reapply guard, taunt him, and keep him controlled til your dps can get on him. Same thing goes for you Powertechs that have a pull, but in reverse, so you can peel the threats off of your "clothies."

2 - I'm a healer and I can't out heal a dps 1 on 1:

No, you can't, because it's not your job... You have, as a healer, a great many tools at your disposal (stun breaks, knockbacks, instant cast stuns, sprints and slows) to allow you to control the target that jumped you and kite him back towards the tanks/dps. If the tank is doing his job, you can stand there all day and spam heals on yourself, but if you're all by your lonesome, don't expect for a minute that it will work... Constant movement and fluid adaptations to situations are what win in team based pvp...

3 - I'm a melee dps and I can't kill the ranged players 1 on 1:

Nope, no you can't, not if you keep running right at him while he kites you... Have the tank that should be running around with you pull him in, or stun him and sprint up. Perhaps look into using the enviornment to break LoS and let the fool run up looking for you. This is just unexcuseable for everyone, even the WoW junkies... Would you let a frost mage or hunter kite you til you're dead? Really? cause 2+2=dumb... don't pick ranged targets halfway across the field, and expect to own them...

4 - I'm a PvPer and Huttball is the worst game ever cause I never win...

Right... Ok... Play the game of Huttball, not the game of Mr. Stabby McStabberson... Kill the ball carrier when he picks it up in the middle, pass it to a teammate on the upper tier, as the dps jumps him, he'll stun break and pass the ball further down the field. Score, win, get stuff... The only thing in Huttball needing fixed is the ability to queue as an Ops group, (As I am sick of us queueing 2 groups seperately and winding up on different sides...) and those damn jets need to put you onto a random catwalk every time... I don't care which one, just make sure it doesn't waste 4-5 tries only to be thrown back into the middle...

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I know I'm not...

Is it though? I've not read anything suggesting this is a WoW clone normalizing classes around Arena, which inevitably killed WoW!

Classes should be balanced on 1v1 ability, nobody runs around the Star Wars world with a full team? I joined a PvP server if this ends up like WoW killing world PvP and balancing on Warzones im done!

All classes should have a CHANCE "at least" against another player, should be skill based not class based...

See that's the reason Healers cry and QQ that they are underpowered in the game. They want to take no dmg from the dps, and giggle when 3 peeps beat on them, just shield up and gibb those 3 fools to EVEN DARE to attack them, because, thats right, they picked a healing spec AC.

see, its comments like this that just make you look like an idiot. swinging to some radical extreme in an attempt to undermine an opposing argument. its called a straw-man argument, and you aren't even good at it. i love the idea of team based pvp. i love having roles which are unique, with specific strengths and weaknesses, and which allow people to distinguish themselves by playing their roles well. perhaps when Ilum is fixed we will see what this looks like on a grand scale.

in the meantime, the majority of the complaints being offered in here are based on players experiences in pug war zones or 1v1 open world. so lets please at least have the integrity to acknowledge that their experiences are legit, rather than resorting to the stupidity i quoted above. the real question is whether or not we want to dumb down the pvp so that healers who find themselves in pugs without a tank (or at least an intelligent one) can stand toe-to-toe with the dps they receive. it is my hope that they do not. i play a lvl 50 sage (healing spec'd) and I can relate with the frustration that is often vented on these forums. however, i have to remind myself of the fact that team pvp means that, as a healer, you are not an "island unto yourself" but a part of a whole. it is unfortunate, but if that whole does not function correctly, you are the first to feel it by being the first focused down. it is simply how it is.

to those feeling this frustration, i would hope this thread encourages you. alot of the difficulties you are dealing with are a result of pugs simply not playing well together. as more people learn their toons (and hopefully find this thread) things should get better.

ps. just as a side note... being a grammar snob is no different than being a rich snob, an IQ snob, or an athletic snob. if grammar is something you are good at then congratulations. but belittling others for not performing at your level is simply beneath you. i'm sure there are IQ snobs out there who could make you look like you rode the short bus to school, but you would think it quite rude if they publicly demonstrated your deficiencies. likewise, if someone bragged about their wealth, and if they publicly reminded you of your poverty (by comparison) you would find their behavior inappropriate. we all have strengths and weaknesses. our character is most clearly seen, not in how we treat our peers, but in how we treat our subordinates.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.