The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Pyrotech - grenade question

Schanez

As I picked up Cybertech for my Powertech for some kinky grenade throwing fun, I came up with an unknown, which I couldn't sort out by myself. I am rather new to the game, as I played the characters to levels around 35-40 max. Yet I deeply enjoy the Bounty Hunter with all the blazing and flaming, and burning fun the Pyrotech gives. Not to forget the constant PEW-fun from Rail Shot procs and the jealousy on diferent speced Bounty Hunter's faces.

But here is my problem. I was using the Pyro line Grenades. As the description on it says, it BLAZES the area, dealing ELEMENTAL demage. So how this actually works with talents like Rain of Fire and Burnout for example? Do talents affect DoTs placed by items?

As I picked up Cybertech for my Powertech for some kinky grenade throwing fun, I came up with an unknown, which I couldn't sort out by myself. I am rather new to the game, as I played the characters to levels around 35-40 max. Yet I deeply enjoy the Bounty Hunter with all the blazing and flaming, and burning fun the Pyrotech gives. Not to forget the constant PEW-fun from Rail Shot procs and the jealousy on diferent speced Bounty Hunter's faces.

But here is my problem. I was using the Pyro line Grenades. As the description on it says, it BLAZES the area, dealing ELEMENTAL demage. So how this actually works with talents like Rain of Fire and Burnout for example? Do talents affect DoTs placed by items?

No, this 100% does not work its a fixed number based on the type of grenade and its a very stupid design flaw. In any case, use the seismic grenades they are much better anyway!

No, this 100% does not work its a fixed number based on the type of grenade and its a very stupid design flaw. In any case, use the seismic grenades they are much better anyway!

I dunno, if he's doing PvE then the pyro grenade has its uses (e.g. Dread Master Bestia, if your group is having trouble, getting them to replace an auto-attack with a pyro grenade might give them the edge they need. Maybe. Very unlikely, but 5k >>> 2k)

Thanks for the replies. I have been doing some research of my own and so far with mixed results. The Rail Shot won't proc the heat ventilation on an affected target. But the damage seems to be ticking a little bit higher, but I am still testing it. With my current numbers, it's hard to tell for sure. Will have to try the higher leveled ones.

I dunno, if he's doing PvE then the pyro grenade has its uses (e.g. Dread Master Bestia, if your group is having trouble, getting them to replace an auto-attack with a pyro grenade might give them the edge they need. Maybe. Very unlikely, but 5k >>> 2k)

Oh true for pve sure. I just assume no one is ever asking about that my bad haha.