The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New Formula for Distributing Ranked PvP Rating

Lyons_Crest

They would have to answer this themselves though (hint hint Eric). It's a more than fair question and I think we deserve an answer, dare I say, we are entitled to one.

very true. +1. ^this. etc.

ffs stop with these posts. if you don't lose rating when you lose, it ceases to be ranked and becomes something akin to conquest point farming.

given the player population and disparate ratings of teammates that Capt and I have been bouncing around, I would think something along the lines of 1:1 win:loss value when the team averages (which is a joke of a number) are within 300 points of each other. and make the loss 1.5 if it's anything greater than 300 points. I know that's not a true elo system, but as I said before, it's approximately 1:2 as soon as you've done 10 games, pretty much no matter what your rating is. the only variable is the size of the numbers, not the ratio.

Edited by foxmob

Best way to improve ranked is to introduce a ratings Decay. Basically what ever your rating is if you stop queing it slowly goes down over time. This would force people to cue for x number of matches to at the very least maintain current rate.

Says the guy who didn't read any of the previous posts.

I agree that if Bio-ware was able to get Cross - Server - PvP going this would help and solve many of the ranked pvp issues. However given how this may never happen - or anytime soon, I feel that this idea here offers a fair and reasonable compromise for many.

I like many despise waiting 30 mins for a ranked Que to pop. Than even with a pop, I run the risk of being put on a bad team anyways. I feel this idea offers a possible solution for many of the things we have been dealing with. I would enjoy if it could be tested as well just to see how well or not it works out.