• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

Guild: Vortex Raiders

Faction: Imperial

Server: The Red Eclipse

Our flagship has vanished overnight but the console says we have the maximum amount of strongholds even though its only showing Dromund Kaas when last night it showed both Dromund Kaas and the flagship.

Whether it matters or not the last place the flagship was parked was above Korriban since it was moved there last night during recruitment.

--Edit--

Ok so me and Senzei managed to fix our flagship but we're unsure if it will work for everyone else with the same issue. Basically if anyone who still has a toon able to access the ship. Have them move the ship anywhere but Korriban. I say this since Korriban was the planet we moved to just before the ship vanished. Then relog and the ship should re-appear. Decorating fixes the 0% completion bug too.

-Update-

This only fixes it for the people who were online at the time and when the GM logs off it apparently vanishes after a while.

Edited by Necrotic_Rose

• 2 months later...

Guild: Russian Knights

Faction: Republic

Server: The Red Eclipse

Today we faced this bug too. For now I fixed it by remove/set a decoration, but dont know how long it will last. Asking for post any news and updates about solution it this thread.

When I came to the forums to read on this guild ship/stronghold disappearance issue, I never thought I would see how long this issue has been. Almost 2 years now and this issue is still unresolved. How can Bioware/EA say they are working on the issue and have no solutions after 2 years? The guild I am on have been dealing with this for about a month now... most of the people on here have been dealing with this for years. Why have you not been working on this Bioware/EA? and don't say you have because after 2 years of nothing, I won't believe it.

Sal'lik - Sage Healer

Server - Shadowlands

Guild - Force Induction

Edited by gamersaddict
more info

Today, (may 11 2016), it happened to us for the first time.

Luckily I had a char on board and it showed 0 on everything.

So the bug hit us as well. This issue needs to be addressed asap sins allot off players invested huge amounts of time and credits to get a flag ship in the first place.

Its absolutely unsatisfactory that EA claims not to have a solution to this long existing problem.

Our ship only has the first command deck unlocked. Reading the posts it seems to be related to that deck.

If the dev's do not solve this quick it is simply a vote off incompetence, period.

Edited by Mulroin

I am literally losing my temper from this bug now, I pay for your game bioware and when something major like this occurs i expect it to at least be acknowledged, no devs have even bothered to respond to us about this issue.

Today, (may 11 2016), it happened to us for the first time.

Luckily I had a char on board and it showed 0 on everything.

So the bug hit us as well. This issue needs to be addressed asap sins allot off players invested huge amounts of time and credits to get a flag ship in the first place.

Its absolutely unsatisfactory that EA claims not to have a solution to this long existing problem.

Our ship only has the first command deck unlocked. Reading the posts it seems to be related to that deck.

If the dev's do not solve this quick it is simply a vote off incompetence, period.

Happened to us on Red Eclipse also 2 days ago. One by one characters being kicked from ship when they exit warzones and no longer able to access to guils ship travel option also. GL was also kicked last night after leaving a wz and cannot return - how do BW fix this in short term?

You need to have a character with gold key access to your guild ship. They can pickup and place a decoration to have it temporarily pop back. You can't queue for PvP/GSF/GF with that character or as you found out, they will be dropped on fleet at the end of the match.

The only other fix is for a server restart but clearly they can't do that every week. I do think they watch this thread as I noticed they seem to perform server restarts when enough guilds are having the problem at the same time. I'm afraid you'll just have to wait until then.

This seems to happen when ex guild members that had a gold key log in. I'm not sure if them actually being in the guild ship/stronghold when they log in is also a factor. I've spoken with a few returning members that have triggered this in the past and they said they were in each location when it happened but without speaking to all the triggerers it's hard to say.

There's not much you can do to prevent it except to stop giving gold keys out and if you do then make sure you revoke them before you remove people from your guild. There's nothing you can do about the ones from the past that could return at any time. Just prepare for it as best you can by creating decoration moving place holder characters whose sole existence is to pop the guild ship back when it once again drifts into the void.

Just as an update, we are looking into this issue, but I currently don't have any ETA for a fix.

Great post, and thanks for the additional information!

-T

Ok, this was one off the reply's from 2014 and to date nothing happened.

Gave him a few words in a private mail to swallow.

Edited by Mulroin

Well, CS replied my ticket. Here's what they said:

I am sorry that your guildship is missing. It is not your fault and is most likely connected to the server having a little hiccup earlier this week. If you have a guildmember in the ship, please ask him to remove or place a decoration item in it. This will make it reappear.

If that is not possible, we sadly have to wait for the next maintenance (which will be next Tuesday) and it will appear after that one.

Nothing new, but at least is something :)

Guess I (we) will have to wait to Tuesday

I am sorry that your guildship is missing. It is not your fault and is most likely connected to the server having a little hiccup earlier this week. If you have a guildmember in the ship, please ask him to remove or place a decoration item in it. This will make it reappear.

If that is not possible, we sadly have to wait for the next maintenance (which will be next Tuesday) and it will appear after that one.

If you had read one off the first posts you would have seen that's a solution provided by the players themselves.

EA/Bio have not done anything to solve the problem. If you looked at the dates you would see this bug exists sins 2014. 2y going now. Besides that.

I got the same reply on my ticked so answered that with a double barrel saying its not the developers fault but that off the management that does not take its players seriously. So a vote off incompetence from me to the management.

Edited by Mulroin

Bugware at their best again :(

This just started happening to our guild this last week and seems the ship ceases to exist almost every other day, guess it is another of those 'old content' so the only guy that has a clue about the code has moved on and Bioware will just ignore hoping that anyone affected also moves on...

Edited by GythralSWTOR

Bugware at their best again :(

This just started happening to our guild this last week and seems the ship ceases to exist almost every other day, guess it is another of those 'old content' so the only guy that has a clue about the code has moved on and Bioware will just ignore hoping that anyone affected also moves on...

First that's a weird way of thinking. The ship is a Guild ship so its owned by the guild witch members worked to get 50mill to buy one.

Secondly, the guild will not move on but just have new members. I for one cannot imagine that a guild that owns a starship will dissolve.

Third EA/Bio will cut into there own flesh if they let such bugs stay because it gives the game a bad name and that by game law is a death-sentence to any game. No paying players means the end off any on-line MMO game.

Lets please not forget that anyone posting here is a paying customer and not a freebie. We are nerved already to almost freebie level in game experience so having these types of bugs on top does not make me a happy player at all.

Talking about the nerving deserves a totally different topic on another forum part so lets not do that and stick to the topic.

Server maintenance: 12PM - 4PM BST - May 17th

You should all have your guild ships back after the servers come back up.

I always take the time just before server restarts to give out silver keys to guild members as doing that to large numbers of characters is one way my guilds ship gets lost in the void. One minute you're giving out keys, the next you find that trying to change the key for someone does nothing, it doesn't change for them or anyone else in the list. Then when you close and re-open stronghold panel the ship will be missing. Dishing out the keys just prior to a server restart means that if the ship does vanish then it's only missing for a few hours.

Edited by UlaVii

At least CS bothered to reply to you, which is more than I have had over this issue!

<The Legíon> just encountered this bug too. We fixed it by popping on and placing something down, but it was pretty scary at first. Just letting y'all know it's still happening.

• 3 weeks later...

Guild Flagship and Stronghold missing. Ticket number 28357015

Did attempt to ban a person. Then....This occurred.

I have removed and placed decorations in both the Stronghold and Flagship. One one will apprear, but not both. When the one that was last 'decorated' shows up, it's only for however long you open the Stronghold Maintenance Window. Then it shows nothing for the guild.

Guild: Shadow Syndicate

Faction: Imperial

Server: Jung Ma

Edited by Lustful-Malice

The decoration trick has always been temporary. Sometimes it doesn't last longer than the time it takes you to load from Fleet back to the ship, other times it will remain visible for several minutes.

Don't be tricked by the stronghold panel as even if you keep it open after using the decoration trick and can see the stronghold, it still might of vanished for others. It's just that your panel doesn't update until you open/close it.

Did the one you banned have a silver/gold key?

The decoration trick has always been temporary. Sometimes it doesn't last longer than the time it takes you to load from Fleet back to the ship, other times it will remain visible for several minutes.

Don't be tricked by the stronghold panel as even if you keep it open after using the decoration trick and can see the stronghold, it still might of vanished for others. It's just that your panel doesn't update until you open/close it.

Did the one you banned have a silver/gold key?

The panel doesn't seem to update for anyone, and it hasn't updated in over 24 hours now.

The one I was attempting to ban never had a key to the guild, nor was he apart of our guild. It was just a precautionary step to avoid him being in there.

Nah with the panel reloading, I meant your panel, the person that did the decoration trick to pop the ship back. So it will show up for you for a while but it may have already become inaccessable to others. I was not saying that the panel may just reload randomly and people would see your ship again.

Not heard of it happening with somebody that did not have a key. There already seem to be 2 ways to send our ships into the void so maybe this is another.

I'm afraid you're stuck with the decoration trick until the next server restart which has not been announced yet.

Remember not to queue for GF/GSF/PvP with the character you're using to do the decoration trick. If you do then when you come out of your match you will find yourself on fleet, unable to access your ship at all.