Phase Walk 3.0 (ideas, comments, etc.)

dbears

Ever since 2.0 came out and Assassins/Shadows were given Phase Walk, I've felt that it could be much more.

The Tank tree gives Phase Walk some pretty cool utility, not to mention a nice visual effect. But the DPS trees don't have much use for Phase Walk outside of some specific and situational uses. (I love using it in ACW to help out at snow or grass and teleport back to mid).

So just a few ideas regarding ways to increase the utility of Phase Walk. Feel free to comment on them or add your own. Mine are all for DPS since I think the tank one is perfect as is.

Assassin's Guise - Your Phase Walk channels the Force through your allies, increasing their Surge rating (or other stat?) by 10% as long as they remain within 8 meters. Lasts for 12 seconds. Can only occur every 60 seconds.

Assassin's Snare - Your Phase Walk traps all enemy players within 8 meters, reducing their movement speed by 30%.

Some tier above Assassin's Snare:

Void Snap - When an enemy player attempts to leave your Assassin's Snare, they are pulled back to the center. This effect ends Assassin's Snare and puts Phase Walk on a 60 second cooldown.

Something I thought would be a little too over powered, but I'll throw it out there anyway:

Phase Prison - Deploying your Phase Walk traps all enemy targets within 8 meters. Affected targets are unable to leave the prison for 4 seconds (longer? shorter?). This effect can only occur every 60 seconds.

One thing I would definitely like to see is an "off" button for Phase Walk. It's pretty difficult mid Boss fight or mid PvP match to roght-click on your buffs to turn Phase Walk off so you can replant it somewhere else lol :)

Colour change. Not sure why it's pink...it shouldn't be pink. Make it purple or dark red or w/e. Hell, make it black.

As a tank I'm still not a huge fan of it, though the 5 minute duration has helped quite a bit. In reality, it's probably fine as is... just not as OP as reflected etc.

But I would like to see it usable while stunned.

Colour change. Not sure why it's pink...it shouldn't be pink. Make it purple or dark red or w/e. Hell, make it black.

As a tank I'm still not a huge fan of it, though the 5 minute duration has helped quite a bit. In reality, it's probably fine as is... just not as OP as reflected etc.

But I would like to see it usable while stunned.

I see a phase walk and I want it painted black

No pinkish any more, I want it to turn black

I see a Shadow walk by, phase walk all yellow

I have to turn my head until the pinkish goes

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.