2018 Expertise lock in ranked

kissingaiur

I think there should be a 2018 lock on expertise in ranked. Meaning if you do not already have 2018 expertise you are locked out of queuing solo ranked PvP.

Ranked PvP caters to the hardcore PvP community. When you go into solo ranked match with a tank who isn't even pvp geared ... it a lose or if you are lucky, at an extreme disadvantage. I also think this will also solve players going into ranked to troll or for conquest (extremely bad idea in the first place tbh). I had players come into my ranked match and tell us all that they aren't doing anything and are just there for conquest. You are then forced to play 3v4.

It's pretty frustrating when you are there to play with PvPers who want to test their skills and get placed with players who don't care. It doesn't even make sense to have a player go into the match without full pvp gear or that there is even bolster (that's another story)... This needs to happen if you want Solo ranked to be competitive.

Won't work as tanks require endurance crystals placing them at 1936 to be at min max.

Not to mention set bonus issues for some classes (heal sorcs had this problem right up until release for 2.10 for example, we needed PVE set bonus which would bolster to 2012--hardly inadequate though still not magic 2018--though our PVP 4 piece finally got fixed).

Now if the game's set bonuses were perfectly happily balanced, I'd be fine with 2018, but when it takes 2+ years for devs to get around to fixing broke PVP set bonuses (like the above example from 1.2 all the way to 2.10), there should be some flexibility in such a cap. Perhaps 1936 for the tanks, perhaps require a combination of 1936 expertise and rating [insert current tier of PVP gear here, which changes from time to time] gear to keep out the people wearing bolstered greens mucking up such "flexibility" to drag down the queues.

well, no

how/when would this limit be enforced? Imagine a person who wants to do ranked PvP, but while waiting for the queue, he runs some PvE missions or something. do they need to wear their PvP gear just because they are queued?

the workable solution wold be to give this player some time limit (a minute or so) after entering the arena to re-equip, and not lower the shield before he does. if he fails to do it, kick him.

btw also try to fix the bolster in regular WZs. currently it makes people in endgame PvE gear weaker than a fresh 55 with blue items. there is clearly something wrong with that

Edited by PavelH

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.