The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Which class is preferred in operations?

Prodiigy

Both are viable to the very end of endgame. Shadows are parsin higher right now though if that's all you're going for, I mean I'm a Guardian dps and I can hold my own against some of the better players in the community regardless of the lack of damage I sustain compared to the other classes.

Both have an off-taunt although Guardians have more DCDs. Although sins have a stealth-rez. The current FotM are Shadows, and Guardians were the last FotM so the only deciding factor should be the one you feel the most comfortable with and feel you know well enough to put into practice.

If the choice was between a melee or a ranged ya lol but Shadow and Guardian dps fill the same need. One parses a bit higher, the other can take a hit. They both off-taunt.

If we'll be brutally honest man, don't choose either. Raid teams (and ops) are so much more friendly to ranged classes and you'll find it much easier getting on a team as a ranged. Only if you're in the top percent of melee classes (other then a mara/sent) do you get a spot and even there you have to fight for your life to keep with the ranged.