The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Legacy unlock for Datacron stat increases.

Might sound silly at first glance, but think about it. It can be enough of a pain to get all of the datacrons on one character, why not have the ability to use cartel coins to unlock datacron bonuses across your legacy. This would encourage people to make more alts because they would already have stat bonuses/matrix shards, which would only encourage the sale of xp boosts. It's something I'm pretty sure would sell quite a bit, and I assume it'd be a simple implementation.

Considering they've linked datacrons to achievements now (in order to recieve your master datacron decoration table) there's no reason this shouldn't be doable.

Even if they wanted to limit it to accounts that have the achievement for collecting all the datacrons before being able to purchase it.

I point you to this link:

http://torwars.com/swtor-community-cantina-san-francisco-food-drinks-and-a-lot-of-laughter/

Which includes the following:

-I asked if datacrons/codex etc. will be added to legacy in future. Datacrons no, achievements yes.

I also believe that Eric Musco has made a statement that legacy datacrons are highly unlikely as they would likely require the a compete redesign of the datacron system.