Feedback on Tacticals for Manaan and Rakata

Satelerevan

I have one phrase that summarises the new Tactical's "...challenging is one thing but the flow of the mechanics?"

Allow me to reiterate, me and my friends decided to 3 man Manaan using a geared companion and have to admit that the fights on each of the boss encounters were lacking the consistency of the standard raid mechanics. I have to admit that this needs to be adjusted in time.

On some of the fights that the adds were targeting the healers more than they should have, we mixed up having a Shadow and Vanguard tank to see the differences, we had noticed there were taunting issues in terms of having trouble keeping that threat generation on the tanks (I believe this needs to be revised despite the tanks were hitting on the adds, but we did acknowledge that NPCs were dropping aggro periodically) and threat drop issues from companions or Sage heals made us feel that the healer was more of a tank than the actual tank. The Healer was doing the best she could to threat drop but you could see where this is going (despite of having guard and asking her to dps the boss).

We are going to revise this with the standard team (1 tank 2 dps and 1 heals) to see if this could work out as well, we think it can be two manned but its looking quite rough however I have to say something wasn't right there. Definitely we enjoyed it but I don't really know what to say to you Bioware but the raid flow of the mechanics for each of the fights wasn't really consistent and need to get back to you and let you know exactly why is this so. I encourage others to provide their feedback/opinions about it, from what I had experienced I thought the challenge was great but there is room for improvement on this one.

Our POSITIVE Thoughts were the following

- The new tacticals is definitely a new eye opener for testing out our skills and the basic raid awareness checks

- Sometimes communication between all members is needed and encouraged

- Graphics wise and storyline is brilliant

- Sound effects and music is pretty good

- Challenging boss fights is what we had been looking for on SWTOR (Admittedly we miss the challenges on the Forge Alliances storyline part one, and because it looked like it had been nerfed. I still feel that the challenge should be restored to what it was originally from the PTS as it was more fun and dynamic and not boring. Thus seeing that challenge on here made me feel that I'm building my own confidence in my raiding skills and I think that's a good thing)

Our NEGATIVE thoughts were the following (but something you Bioware Devs can work towards on improving and to the SWTOR community, please share your own suggestions and thoughts on this as well). There is a lot of loop holes that we need clarifying and need to be checked on or fixed.

- Query about the NPCs (adds specifically) for during boss fights, are they meant to randomly dump aggro and tanks would have to taunt them again to keep them on him/her?

- Healers and dumping threat issues (I thought this was resolved? Can we get that looked into?)

- Does the threat generation on all Tanking classes need to be adjusted?

- The mechanics of the boss fights didn't have a consistent flow (there were more than at least two new things were thrown into the fight but no flow, enough to adept into the situation, just felt out of place because for example in your existing Flashpoints and operations they have it down pat in certain stages of the 'when to' and 'how to' for the group to be ready for. Just felt like that the flow throughout mechanics of the boss fights should have been better.

- Sometimes the mobs we face were spawning too fast for a Storymode Tactical, should this be changed and if there will be a hardmode version of this I would have understood that these current mechanics would have been very close to Nightmare difficulty

- Spawning of extra adds whilst going throughout the Tactical. There was some moments of the tactical that we had felt like we were doing a gauntlet between the 2nd and 3rd boss with random extra NPCs showing up and forced to kill two waves of them? Is that a Rare glitch?

Bioware if these new tacticals you're doing is sending across a message to us that if we want a challenge, we definitely got one but we need to know what kind of direction you're heading with this because remember that you just released a new expanded expansion focused on levelling and creativity but not perse focused on challenging raids/flashpoints or tacticals.

Edited by Satelerevan