Gunslinger group tactics

mikbrad

I've been soloing pretty effectively up to lvl 15 without dying but I've noticed on group quests I have a hard time keeping pace doing damage and maintaining targeting. I'm wondering what the best tactics are for groups.

My main approach is to pop into cover use burst fire and aim/quick shot and pop a thermal. This works but when the fight moves I'm too slow to transition and reset it seems. Is it better to try and re-establish cover or just pop quick shots and flurry?

When i group what i try to do is find the best place to target all the enemies in the mob that we are going after.

1) once the battle starts i try to hit every one with a internal bleed shot to help lower health.

2) lob a flash grenade into the fray to give the tanks a few seconds of free hits.

3) lob a thermite grenade.

4) go to town with furry and charged blasts followed by what ever else i want to throw at them

works pretty good. i know i'm not going to to the most damage but if i can distract them enough for the tanks to get them.. I've done me job.

Edited by Dasboi

The last group Quest I went on I was using thermal grenades but the Jedi kept yelling at me for breaking their CC. So I went single target instead. Guess it all depends who your with and if they are a**holes or not.

Well, to be fair, if you're the one breaking CC and potentially wiping the group, I don't think it matters whether or not they are ******es. you have to use your AOE intelligently.

I've run a couple of groups and i mainly focus on single target dps on whatever guy the tank is attacking and it seems to work. It keeps CC and kills the mobs quicker. Now that I've started using flash grenade i wish it had quicker CD.

MOst successful group makeup has been

gunslinger

sage

sentinel

and guardian or another sentinel