Anyone here still do Galactic Starfighter?

MishraArtificer

I kinda want to get in on it, but I'm not sure what the queues are like. Any advice?

Have you played at all before?

The queue times vary pretty wildly depending on time of day. During peak hours, it's pretty rare I ever have to wait longer than 2-3 mins. If it's something like 3:30 in the morning on Tuesday, I've had it take up to 30 minutes or so. Average is probably at or around 3-5 mins?

And if you haven't played GSF before, the learning curve is somewhat steep because the tutorial is not really very good, and with matchmaking as it is, you very well might be tossed in the shark infested deep end. For me, I picked up maneuvering and aiming and flying pretty quickly, but I've been playing games since 1985 or so, and have played plenty of tie fighter/x-wing and Wing Commander variants, so a lot of the maneuvering felt at least partially intuitive.

I'll also note that it's sometimes hard to ask for help in game, especially during a Team Deathmatch, because GSF isn't really a conducive environment for typing. Most times, I'm either chasing or being chased, and don't have time to type much. Asking for help before the match actually starts, or pointers after is much easier on the person/people you're asking.

I'll also note that it's sometimes hard to ask for help in game, especially during a Team Deathmatch, because GSF isn't really a conducive environment for typing. Most times, I'm either chasing or being chased, and don't have time to type much. Asking for help before the match actually starts, or pointers after is much easier on the person/people you're asking.

All this, plus the prior post, x2. I've GSFed on a couple of servers, and the queue times on JC are overall pretty decent.

If you're looking for gameplay tips, look to see who seems competent and hit them up after a match. Most of the community is approachable and happy to help; I'm always glad to see new players out there, and I know that's a common sentiment in the JC GSF community. Or just pst me, main alts listed below.

Also check out the GSF forum here...there's a lot of math/theorycrafting in there, but also a crapton of good info. Like Stasie's guide, which is frequently bumped up. I'll link if you can't find it.

All this, plus the prior post, x2. I've GSFed on a couple of servers, and the queue times on JC are overall pretty decent.

If you're looking for gameplay tips, look to see who seems competent and hit them up after a match. Most of the community is approachable and happy to help; I'm always glad to see new players out there, and I know that's a common sentiment in the JC GSF community. Or just pst me, main alts listed below.

Also check out the GSF forum here...there's a lot of math/theorycrafting in there, but also a crapton of good info. Like Stasie's guide, which is frequently bumped up. I'll link if you can't find it.

I haven't played since the first week, and even then it was only a few matches before everyone got geared to eternity and beyond. As I couldn't get fleet commendations (nor reputation with the First Mobile Fleet), there didn't seem to be much of a point.

Maxmillian, I'll be sure to hit you up one of these days. I'm planning on using my lowbies for the GSF matches, mostly since I'll still get XP for it. Does it also grant Valor, seeing as it's also (technically) PvP?