Can someone explain this to me? Seriously!

Trintric

OK, since they came out I've been 'trying' to save up for a Ghorfa Bantha. (Hey they remind me of the mammoth I had in WoW). Typically the lowest prices I've seen was 1.5 million. Hard for me to get all at once since somebody and their companion always need upgrades. And I'm somewhat lazy.

Well now I see the Canyon Bantha for sale. They look almost alike except the Canyon Bantha is a darker brown with reddish lips. I also see the low prices asked are between 400,000 and 500,000. So I buy one and unlock it for my Legacy. Yay and stuff.

But here's what I don't understand .... The Ghorfa Bantha is STILL selling for around 1.5 to 2 million. Why?

Why would anyone sell a Bantha at 1.5 million when you can buy a slightly darker brown Bantha for a third of that?

I just can't wrap my head around it. :rak_02:

I could be wrong but from experience, the drop-ratio for the Canyon Bantha seems to be substantially higher than for the Ghorfa. It is also from a more recent pack and by having more people buying those packs, the greater the odds of them dropping.

I got two Canyon Banths(!!!) in a single Hypercrate.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Ghorfa Bantha looks better, who wants a Bantha with lipstick? :p

The Sand People.

If you get close enough to them while riding those, they immediately fall in love and fail to attack you. Then, you use that opportunity window to slaughter them all and slake the sands of Tatooine with their blood.

* sigh *

Absolutely lovely. :D

• 1 month later...

Three answers, IMO:

1) Some people are collectors and want to have one of everything.

2) People like the way it looks. You spent 500k on a bantha whose only difference over a 10k speeder is that you think it looks nicer. Why is it hard to believe that someone else will spend another 500k or more to get something that they think looks slightly better?

3) Some people have a lot of money and 1.5m isn't that big a deal to toss around.

Ghorfa Bantha looks better, who wants a Bantha with lipstick? :p

:eek: Up till now, the redness of the lips never stood out to me and I certainly didn't think of it as lipstick. Now I can't get it out of my head. Thanks for ruining my bantha for me.

No clue to the logic of people who use the gtn, Same thing goes for armour. Ive seen single pieces of armour being sold for say 600k then the pack from which it comes and which you can also obtain other pieces of the set being sold for 150k.

:eek: Up till now, the redness of the lips never stood out to me and I certainly didn't think of it as lipstick. Now I can't get it out of my head. Thanks for ruining my bantha for me.

Tune in next time, when we point out that there's a face on the front of the Smuggler's starship! All that and more on next week's...

Can't Be Unseen

I could be wrong but from experience, the drop-ratio for the Canyon Bantha seems to be substantially higher than for the Ghorfa. It is also from a more recent pack and by having more people buying those packs, the greater the odds of them dropping.

I got two Canyon Banths(!!!) in a single Hypercrate.

This, looks has got far less to do with it, Ghorfa Bantha dropped in considerably less numbers, and more than likely, the folks selling the Ghorfa now bought them themselves to resell later in the first place, so they obviously also don't want to incur the loss by selling them for much less as they payed themselves.

Add to this the already mentioned fact that Dune Sea Bantha and Canyon Bantha drop way more often than did the Ghorfa, and that's why you have such difference in price.

Edited by LeJarC

Can someone explain this to me? Seriously? In an era when you can ride a cool, hovering motorcycle, why would you want to sit on an animal? They are bulky, get in the way, and offer zero advantages over more modern conveyances.

The rythmic sound of tauntaun feet slapping the earth ... so relaxing ... no machine noise can match it.

And your cloak doesn't sweep the road beneath you.

Plus, it's one of the few mounts in the game from the One True Star Wars trilogy.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.