Rage Enhancements

Xenrae

Hello Artificers...

I'm new to this crew skill, and crafting away just fine. Then a guildmate asks for Rage Enhancement 7. It cannot be trained, there is no schematic for sale. In my search through the web I see a few enhancements that cannot be trained. What gives? How do I learn to make Rage Enhancements? And why, oh why, is there nothing on the internet about this?!

:ph_thank_you: !

To my knowledge the only way to learn any low-level Enhancement is at the Artifice trainer.

If it isn't at the trainer, it cannot be learned.

You can probably find that particular enhancement in gear drops or (possibly) a commendation vendor, but if the trainer doesn't have the schematic, you won't be able to make it.

What about the planet vendors, can you get a Rage 7 from one of them and RE it?

I wondered about that. I haven't tried it, but I thought you could only RE things you make. Am I wrong about this?

The trainer does not train any level of Rage Enhancement, and there are a multitude on the GM. I suppose people might be getting them with commendations and then selling them.

Thanks for the feedback, folks.

Edited by Xenrae

I wondered about that. I haven't tried it, but I thought you could only RE things you make.

So far as I know, the ONLY gear that can be learned by RE are very specific high level gear:

Rating 146 (Campaign / Black Hole)

Rating 150 (Dread Guard / Hazmat)

Rating 162 (Arkanian / Black Market)

Rating 168 (Underworld / Verpine)

Rating 180 (Dread Forged / Oriconian)

I'm not aware of any other types of gear in the game that can be learned this way. Everything else comes from a schematic.

Hello Artificers...

I'm new to this crew skill, and crafting away just fine. Then a guildmate asks for Rage Enhancement 7. It cannot be trained, there is no schematic for sale. In my search through the web I see a few enhancements that cannot be trained. What gives? How do I learn to make Rage Enhancements? And why, oh why, is there nothing on the internet about this?!

:ph_thank_you: !

Ask Mr Robot is your new best friend on The Internet :)

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/2013/Rage-Enhancement-7

It is available from Planetary Comm vendors and in a lot of orange gear. It is character level 19, but as noted, the schematic is not available from the trainer and the item is not reverse-engineerable.

So far as I know, the ONLY gear that can be learned by RE are very specific high level gear:

Rating 146 (Campaign / Black Hole)

Rating 150 (Dread Guard / Hazmat)

Rating 162 (Arkanian / Black Market)

Rating 168 (Underworld / Verpine)

Rating 180 (Dread Forged / Oriconian)

I'm not aware of any other types of gear in the game that can be learned this way. Everything else comes from a schematic.

I've seen several low-level mods, enhancements, etc. that can be re'd, but they were purples of items for which the green schematic was available at the trainer. I haven't found any low level items I could re for schematics that weren't available at the trainer.

I've seen several low-level mods, enhancements, etc. that can be re'd, but they were purples of items for which the green schematic was available at the trainer. I haven't found any low level items I could re for schematics that weren't available at the trainer.

Maybe I've misunderstood here, but yes, for many craftable items, the way to get the schematic for prototype and advanced, is to RE the green. That being the case, theoretically, I could rip the green Rage 7 from six or seven oranges and RE them until the prototype schematic procs. Likewise, prototype to advanced. But... Rage 7 is not crafted, but looted, and so, it may not fall under this rule.

The question still remains, why is there no Googleable database around for this? Bah!

Thanks everyone for helping out. My guildie will just have to use his comms or go without :mon_cool:

May I also suggest that the various enhancements at that level, don't really matter, so long as you have one of them?

Frankly, at the lvl 15-25 range, so long as you have something current in those slots, you should be just fine. Does it really matter what it is?

Also, I've noticed that some enhancements have different names, but the exact same stats, there is some duplication in there. :)

Interesting. I'll have to try that tonight.

RE a green, you get random bonus stats, there's like blues and purples for each green, something like that. Keep going until you get the right Blue mod's stats, then RE again for purples. Not sure about mods/enhancements, but for Earpiece/Implant there's multiple versions so you have to craft until you find one with a good set of stats.

I've seen several low-level mods, enhancements, etc. that can be re'd, but they were purples of items for which the green schematic was available at the trainer.

Interesting. I'll have to try that tonight.

Update: Well the results are in.

If you purchase an item modification at the commendations vendor that matches one available in your crew skill trainer, it can be RE'ed for a 20% chance to learn the schematic. Here's a Reflex Armoring 6:

http://assets-cloud.enjin.com/users/2476784/pics/original/2883270.jpg

However, if the item in question does NOT exist in your crew skill trainer as a learnable schematic, than RE shows no chance of learning anything. Here's a Commando Armoring 6:

http://assets-cloud.enjin.com/users/2476784/pics/original/2883271.jpg

(Note that the lowest Commando Armoring at the trainer is grade 14)

Lastly, I took some gear with a Reflex Armoring 9, ripped it out and tried a RE:

http://assets-cloud.enjin.com/users/2476784/pics/original/2883278.jpg

Learn something new every day. So I was half right. If it isn't at the trainer, and it's below level 50, you cannot learn the schematic at all.

The plus is, if you RE the blue and get the 20%, you learn the purple version of the schematic straight away.

Edited by Khevar