Sith warrior vs Sith inquisitor for story, playstyle, pvp , what do you favor?

Finrok

Storyline and playstyle of the Vengeance Juggernaut for me. I main an Inquisitor because I'm a healer but Vengeance is incredibly fun to play as many of the game's excessive stuns/knockbacks from trash mobs occur right after pulls, when you will be immune to them. (And if played right, you can Force Push to reset leap CD or intercede to your companion and leap back for even more immunity) :D

IMO Vengeance is the best spec in the game for overall "feeling heroic" while playing solo.

Edited by AdrianDmitruk

Vengeance juggernaut is great. Marauder might squeak out a bit more damage, but I personally loath the one trick pony advanced classes. Marauder and sentinel alike are boring as crap to me for that lack of ability to do anything but dps.

Inquisitor ' s got it all. Go assassin and you can be a ****** dps or a decent tank. Go sorcerer and you can be ****** dps or heals.

The inquisitor storyline is my definitive idea of God awful tripe that should've never seen the light of day, but some like it.

For story, Warrior, hands down. Tie between jugg, sorc and assassin for advanced classes.

Marauder can just go sit in a ditch. It's just fine for what it is, but it'll never offer even the vaguest amount of variety. And there cannot and shall never be enough difference between its trees for any of them to feel, to me, like they're meaningful.

Different, yes, but pointlessly so. Bioware scraped too little butter over too much bread there, trying to make a whole adv.class be a one - role wunderkind.

They're not better at anything for it.

I'm sure some raider with 2000 parses showing a 0.0008% increase in their dps after polishing their modem with olive oil will comes along to declare Mar/sent to be amazing and to be whole percentage points superior to other dps when you put your left foot in, have your right foot out, stick the right foot in and then shake it all about.

But I really don't care. They feel like a unicycle to me. I don't bother paying my sent anymore because if it - b oooooriiiiiiiing.

Edited by Uruare

I haven't played SI all the way through yet, but SI has "hit the ground floor running" feel while SW has a slower build up for the first chapter between the two.

That being said, I'm enjoying my SI and I enjoyed playing SW.

That being said, I just sent gifts to my SW's melee-DPS companion to try and run through her companion conversation quest line as quickly as possible because I despise her voice acting.

I haven't played SI all the way through yet, but SI has "hit the ground floor running" feel while SW has a slower build up for the first chapter between the two.

That being said, I'm enjoying my SI and I enjoyed playing SW.

That being said, I just sent gifts to my SW's melee-DPS companion to try and run through her companion conversation quest line as quickly as possible because I despise her voice acting.

The one for Jaesa you mean?

I prefer the Sith Warrior storyline myself...but I have to say, playing as a Sorcerer is a lot more fun, and easier, in that you get to zap most everything, and loads of aoe's. Playing sorcerer is for the lazy, I like to say (like myself, so don't get offended lol).

I was trying to avoid spoilering, but yes. LS Jaes sounds like she's trying too hard to be all tough, and DS Jaes sounds like she really needs to learn some self control. Either way, I don't care much for her voice.

I think it's OK to mention companion names after a couple of years. Regardless, I'm with you on that one. ;)

I just wasn't entirely sure if you were referring to the VA for Jaesa or the VA for the female SW.

I think it's OK to mention companion names after a couple of years. Regardless, I'm with you on that one. ;)

I just wasn't entirely sure if you were referring to the VA for Jaesa or the VA for the female SW.

I love F!SW's VA, she just sounds awesome, and with such dry humor it is tons of fun to watch the mission givers try and figure out if she's serious or not.

But I was referring to Jaesa's VA. It just sounds wrong, and maybe a bit like she's trying to sound wise beyond her years, pre-recruitment at least, and failing spectacularly. Her battle lines aren't as irritating in the VA-ing, so maybe it is the noise battle distracting me.

And dear, sweet Khemmy sounds like he's gargling rocks, and if he spoke Basic ladies would be throwing themselves at his feet.

They're both really fun stories, for different reasons, but both worth leveling a toon to enjoy them.

beyond that, its preference for playstyle that should direct you here.

Inquisitor is going to either zap lightning (from range or melee), fart dark clouds of force, or smack things with a double saber. has a nice speed boost, but mobility is a bit more limited then the warrior.

Warrior is all about melee. no ranged options. very little zappy zappy, mostly pounding stuff with a saber. can Tank or DPS (Unless your a Mara, then you just Dips).

Personally, my favorite (been since early release) is the jugg. got 3 of them. On the flip side, i have 2 inquisitors as well (one is actually a sage on repub side). pick your poison.

Storywise: Both have good stories, though I prefer the Warrior. (Shameless plug - if you haven't yet, play an Agent for the story if nothing else... sooooo good). As others have said, the Inquisitor starts out "faster", but the buildup for the Warrior makes it worth it. I also slightly prefer the Warrior's companions to the Inquisitor's.

Playstyle: I play my assassin over my sorc, jugg or mara. I love the whole light armor with some short range plus stealth playstyle. Not to mention, the lightning attacks and the dual saber look awesome. Juggs are my second favorite though, mostly for Force Choke :D

PVP: I took a bit of a break, so I'm not as current on this aspect, but they're all fun in their own ways. I usually play my assassin, though. It's fun and has some nice tricks.

Overall: Play through both for the stories ;) That should also give you a good idea of what playstyle you prefer.

My first toon was a sorc and I really liked it. The class story was good up until the end of chapter 1, then it got kind of confused and boring. But the (male) inquisitor's voice acting is superb, especially with evil choices. He will keep you laughing the whole time.

The (male) sith warrior also has awesome voice acting. His companions are arguably more interesting than the inquisitor's, and there's no question his class story is superior. The only drawback is that stupid fruitloop companion Quinn. He is your only healer so you will have to put up with him.

Sorc lightning dps is great fun. Great sound effects, visuals and mechanics all around.

Juggernaut is a very reliable tank but I personally didn't find it enjoyable to have such low damage output...it kind of makes your lightsaber feel more like a flashlight than a deadly laser sword.

Edited by Hebruixe

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.