Maintenance: August 29th, 2014

ServerDroid

Maintenance is always during APAC prime time... how about some variety or pushing it back a couple hours.

It's also always during the day in Europe.

We are missing playtime too. People need to stop acting as if Bioware is doing it specifically to them, is all I'm saying.

They could make it so maintenance is different for every region. For their reasons, they choose not.

Again, let's please accept it as it is and move on.

Edited by TheNahash

Good timing this time BW.

I've to do the dishes and go buy some food. Because I can't play I have to get those done. :cool:

One of the reasons most MMO devs don't use different times for maintenance on different continents is that it could possibly result in players using the servers that are up instead of their usual server and Overload them.

Edited by Halinalle

It's also always during the day in Europe.

We are missing playtime too. People need to stop acting as if Bioware is doing it specifically to them, is all I'm saying.

They could make it so maintenance is different for every region. For their reasons, they choose not.

Again, let's please accept it as it is and move on.

share it around .. roll the maintenance time around the globe .. maybe 3 times slots .. change it monthly. Global game yeh? No arguments then!!

share it around .. roll the maintenance time around the globe .. maybe 3 times slots .. change it monthly. Global game yeh? No arguments then!!

I will agree with this and the maintenance usually strikes early morning for me but am aware that there is afternoon or such for other areas and would not mind taking a hit in the times to change it up for others but isn't BW in the PST? I am asking that last part as if so they are like 3 hrs behind me and if so they are coming in to do this even before the roosters are awake.....trust me I have roosters near me and they don't start their racket till at least 5 am EST :rolleyes:

But back to the point I seriously would't mind a "Rolling' Maintenance time that is in a 3 different time slot if it would make the community happy that it is not constantly effecting others main play times. I would suggest taking a poll of sorts to see what times the main game base would prefer the maintenance to take place. Could do this by doing an alert in the launcher for them to go to a specific official thread to see the times that is wanted the most and then pick the top 3 that could be the times to switch it around.

Be glad that it is not like one MMO that i used to play that they do not tell anyone they are going to do maintenance and often just send a system alert 5 minutes before shutting ALL servers down for it and takes then 5 hours to do their thing even though that notice said 2 hours.......so far all I can say about SWTOR is they at least work to fix the bugs instead of making us deal with it till the next major update ;)

On August 29th, all game servers will be unavailable while we perform maintenance. Patch 2.9c will be implemented during this downtime. Details are as follows:

Date: Friday, August 29th, 2014

Duration: 2 hours

Time: 3AM PDT (10AM GMT) - 5AM PDT (12PM GMT)

Patch Notes

Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

Launcher says server will be back up by 7 AM PDT :rak_02:

I will agree with this and the maintenance usually strikes early morning for me but am aware that there is afternoon or such for other areas and would not mind taking a hit in the times to change it up for others but isn't BW in the PST? I am asking that last part as if so they are like 3 hrs behind me and if so they are coming in to do this even before the roosters are awake.....trust me I have roosters near me and they don't start their racket till at least 5 am EST :rolleyes:

But back to the point I seriously would't mind a "Rolling' Maintenance time that is in a 3 different time slot if it would make the community happy that it is not constantly effecting others main play times. I would suggest taking a poll of sorts to see what times the main game base would prefer the maintenance to take place. Could do this by doing an alert in the launcher for them to go to a specific official thread to see the times that is wanted the most and then pick the top 3 that could be the times to switch it around.;)

<3 yeh .. I suppose bioware worried about losing u.s subs .. form what I gather all my u.s buddies are proud this is a global game ..

<3 yeh .. I suppose bioware worried about losing u.s subs .. form what I gather all my u.s buddies are proud this is a global game ..

I am EST and a U.S Sub and wouldn't mind it so as I have said this is the one MMO that I have played that is actually responsive to its player base where as others could care less it seems at least BW attempts to answer concerns as fast as can...and no am not an employee :p