Classes for duo

CapyBubu

Hi!

We've just purchased SWTOR retail version and want to start playing the game :)

By we I mean me and my gf.

We used to play healer & tank roles in other MMORPGs, but since I've read here and there that it's not really that much needed in SWTOR we can't decide what to choose.

We started off as Jedi cons and Smuggler - doing instances in duo style with stealth seems nice.

Buuut... I kinda do not like Consular story - that devotion to Jedi order etc... I think I could convince my gf to join Sith empire (she could role a peaceful sith anyways from what I've heard)

But let's get to the point:

What class combo Do You suggest?

Standard tank and heal as Jugg + Sorc or maybe it'd be fun to go stealth mode as both tank and heal hybrids?

I don't want to end up with underpowered feel in end game. And especially with char that isn't good at anything :p

Give me Your suggestions please :D

A tank with a healer is basically the most efficient duo for big boss fights, and naturally the best at doing heroics even without a full group. However, having 2 of you is already 4 people with companions, so heroics shouldn't be a problem regardless, unless you're exceedingly undergeared and/or underleveled.

So the question mostly comes down to this: do you want combat efficiency, or do you want pure rampage and fun?

For the former, I'd recommend a Juggernaut tank with an Operative healer. Juggernauts, while lacking the utility of Powertechs and the versatility of Assassins, are considered to be the tankiest tanks - the best damage soakers - due to their obscene amount of defensive cooldowns (especially if you have Biochem). Both of these classes also scale very well and are welcome in endgame content and Operations, not to mention having lower queue times due to DPS being more common.

For the latter, I actually made a thread asking something similar, and the answers I got were Rage Juggernaut and Arsenal Mercenary, as they kill mobs extremely fast due to their huge amount of area damage.

If you're interested in PvP, however, then I wouldn't recommend the Mercenary. Whether as healers or DPS, they're considered to be in a bad spot right now due to their channel times and lack of mobility.

So for her it's Operative or Sorcerer (or Republic's counterpart) - btw. is there any difference in playstyle between factions? Or it's mirror-like Sith/Rep?

And for me Jugg or Assassin... Seems like it's best to roll a Jugg + Sorc (Not bad dps + she gets lightsaber :D) or Assassin + Operative for stealth.

Not easy to choose :p

So for her it's Operative or Sorcerer (or Republic's counterpart) - btw. is there any difference in playstyle between factions? Or it's mirror-like Sith/Rep?

And for me Jugg or Assassin... Seems like it's best to roll a Jugg + Sorc (Not bad dps + she gets lightsaber :D) or Assassin + Operative for stealth.

Not easy to choose :p

I'd recommend Jug + Sorc. Assassin is a challenging tank to play well, while Jugg is easier.

My wife and I played Guardian + Sage combo first, then played Powertech + Operative. Both were fun. Powertech + Operative was easier (of course, I tank so I can't speak to the healing side of things).

No class you choose, however, will be weak in endgame.

So I leveled Shadow and Jugg to 12-13.

Shadow seems much more powerful and fun.

My gf likes sorc better than smugg (due to lightsaber ofcourse)

What should I choose to accompany her well? Maybe I should try someting more DPS-like?I heard Pyrotech is very good at damage.

And I like sorc too, but I guess 2 sorcs in same team might not be needed...

I would go for bounty hunter and agent, as if you both DPS your first companions are tank and heal meaning you have a "perfect" group sometime during the first planet (perfect being tank, heal and 2x DPS). Plus many agree that agent is the best storyline in the game and powertech playstyle is really fun to play.

I just leveled my Bounty Hunter to lvl 10.

I liked the playtime very much - much better than Jugg.

But now it's time to choose advanced class and I don't know which one.

I liked ranged attacks till lvl 10, but I heard that Merc is more about longer channeling skills etc, not necessarily that quick-isnstant skill combat.

In the other hand there's PT which is more melee...

Which one to choose if I wanna focus on DPS and fast leveling?

In the other hand maybe I just more into Bounty Hunter's story than I'm into Jugg's?

Shadow is fun char, but the story and first companion sux... Assassin is any better?

Edited by CapyBubu