The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Dromund Kass and Coruscant not having a starship hook is...Planet-ist!

Lunafox

I agree. I would like to see a starship hook added to these. Feel free to make it an addition like any other room. I like the ambiance, size and setting of this stronghold the best. Yet I feel kinda left out on the starship front.

You have it on the wrong layout, I think. Same layout name as the one on NS.

Are you trolling us? You can see all available layouts in the layout panel, which I have clearly displayed in the screenshot.. There is "NO" starship layout available for this position. Good grief.

I'm a fairly big geek on such things, and I read the requisite hook guides for the Galactic Strongholds. The fact that the Kass City and Coruscant strongholds didn't have Starship hooks available was not a very prevalent fact. I guess I just ASSUMED that they would.

That being said, I crafted the number of Dark Projects and Universal MK-3s needed to purchase a Starship. You can imagine my chagrin when I went to place it on landing platform and there being no hook available. If I had known, I MIGHT have fully unlocked Nar Shaddaa, but I simply don't care for it nor Tatooine. Coruscant simply suited my character more than the others.

Also, I've spent quite a bit of time not only acquiring but most importantly PLACING various objects in my Coruscant stronghold. I also spent a nice bit of IRL money buying CC to not only buy some of the various decorations but also fully unlock the Coruscant stronghold.

I'm not spending any more to unlock Nar Shaddaa just to put place a Starship. It would be cheaper just to leave the Starship in my collection hoping that one day that they place a Starship hook in the capital city strongholds.

OR, they could refund my Dark Projects and Universal MK-3s in lieu of the ignorance which again they could have done a much better job at making more clear to us. I haven't signed on SWTOR since I put in a ticket requesting a refund, and I'm not expecting one.

However, I will say again that they could have prevented what I'm assuming were a lot of other people who unlocked a capital city stronghold with the intention of placing a Starship there. And before I get trolled with caveat emptor and all that, some of us do lead "real lives" and don't have the time to perceive every single piece of stronghold construction minutiae.

Plus again I read two freaking guides via Dulfy and a link on this site. Neither made any mention of Starships and their restrictions. If guide writers miss such details, imagine average players like me. I blame BW for this QQ. I realistically don't expect any refund for my wasted purchase of a Starship, but perhaps we could get a hook for them in the near future.

That being said, I crafted the number of Dark Projects and Universal MK-3s needed to purchase a Starship. You can imagine my chagrin when I went to place it on landing platform and there being no hook available. If I had known, I MIGHT have fully unlocked Nar Shaddaa, but I simply don't care for it nor Tatooine.

Haha, I did the EXACT same thing! I ached for hours over which starship I liked best, and then when I finally chose, I couldn't put it in my DK landing pad! Fortunately, as a longtime sub, I was automatically given the Nar Shadaa palace, and the starship hook is viewable/modable from the landing pad/balcony where you first arrive. So it does not require any further unlocking of the Nar palace to place your ship.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
I so wish I had seen this about 20 mins earlier... I worked for days to craft my Dark Projects and Universal prefabs to get my Defender class ship for my Jedi Knight's pad on Coruscant...only to discover I can't park it there. :(

Absolutely devastated...

There, there...

Do yourself a favor and buy the Tat house instead of upgrading the NS house past those 5 rooms. The hangar is much cooler.

I'm a fairly big geek on such things, and I read the requisite hook guides for the Galactic Strongholds. The fact that the Kass City and Coruscant strongholds didn't have Starship hooks available was not a very prevalent fact. I guess I just ASSUMED that they would.

It was a pretty safe assumption to make, since I'm pretty sure in one of the streams either Musco or Tait explicitly said that every stronghold would have a starship hook.

If someone wants to fact check that, by all means, feel free, but I'm not going back and watching those old streams again.

Edited by Andrellma

It was a pretty safe assumption to make, since I'm pretty sure in one of the streams either Musco or Tait explicitly said that every stronghold would have a starship hook.

If someone wants to fact check that, by all means, feel free, but I'm not going back and watching those old streams again.

They also stated you could use as many hooks as you wanted in your Strongholds. :(

Among other things I can't remember right now probably.

There, there...

Do yourself a favor and buy the Tat house instead of upgrading the NS house past those 5 rooms. The hangar is much cooler.

I have the Tatooine house. But it's not where my Jedi Knight lives. It's where my smuggler lives... so apparently he's stolen a Defender-class ship but his XS light freighter is no where to be seen ('cause I can't afford it yet).

Starship hook on Coruscant, please!

• 4 weeks later...

Sigh. I guess I'm another sucker then. Just now unlocked the balcony thinking that was a landing pad attached to it ... onto to find out it's for monuments (so now I have my Naga Sadow statue there sigh), and spent another mil on Dark Projects ... because it was cheaper than 8 mil getting the 15 of the goddamned overpriced Synthetic Energy Matrices on the GTN so I could get my X70-B Phantom.

So ... Bioware. Explain something for me. Not only are you ignoring your own lore restrictions to introduce player housing in the first place ... now you're saying it doesn't make sense for CORUSCANT strongholds to have starships?

Ok...

Fix this please? :D