Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Reflex/commando mods same

Datorru

Can someone explain why this is? Im trying to be a proper tank for my low level group but the only mod with high End is the guardian mod, but that is for Melee characters. And im a Vanguard, so why is there no End over Aim mod?

If you are tanking as a Vanguard go for the Commando mods...Those are the ones I use, they have a higher endurance than reflex...

No they dont thats the problem. commando and reflex mods have the exact same stat. It has to be a mistake somewhere

No they dont thats the problem. commando and reflex mods have the exact same stat. It has to be a mistake somewhere

Yes, they do.

You're just not at the level point when they diverge. This won't happen until about Nar Shades/Tattooine if I remember right. When you start out, the two different kinds of mods for your class are identical. Then they'll start to change ever so slightly. Go commando when they do for you.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, they do.

You're just not at the level point when they diverge. This won't happen until about Nar Shades/Tattooine if I remember right. When you start out, the two different kinds of mods for your class are identical. Then they'll start to change ever so slightly. Go commando when they do for you.

Thats the problem. Why are they exactly the same? Why make two mods with the same stats? Why not just one? And why are the other mods not like this in the beginning. Commando and reflex are the only mods that are EVER the exact same.

There are a few enhancements that have the same stats also.

At low levels, like already mentioned.. stat distribution doesn't matter that much.

Heavy armour and a healer is practically all you need for "tanking" as a lowbie.

The primary stat heavy mods won't hurt at all, in fact.. they are probably better. You'll do more damage and hold aggro easier.

Thats the problem. Why are they exactly the same? Why make two mods with the same stats? Why not just one? And why are the other mods not like this in the beginning. Commando and reflex are the only mods that are EVER the exact same.

You sound like you're missing the point.

When you start off they are the same numbers.

As early as Taris/Balmorra for Republic/Imperial respectively, they start to change. Commando mods will focus more on Endurance, and Reflex mods will focus more on Aim.

But when you start, they are the same. But they will change. And the names are as they are because they will not be the same later on. Also the better versions of those mods even at first (so high quality crafted ones) will show the difference.

But it is only when you start off that they look identical.

Please note, I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just trying to be as straightforward as I can, for the sake of clarity.

Edited by LyraineAlei

• 3 weeks later...
After level 33 the mods change names and commando are no longer used but to answer the question the reason commando and reflex mods are the same is because they made a mistake and don't care enough to fix it. Before people start the argument again (Advanced Commando Mod 14 : +29 Aim / +12 Endurance vs Advanced Reflex Mod 14 : +28 Aim / +14 Endurance) Commando armoring and barrels have higher endurance over aim but the mods dont, they dont start differing at higher levels like these guys are saying because they don't exist at higher levels they change into different mods like Deflecting Type A & B some of which have higher endurance but not all. I would just use reflex mods until you can get access to the other ones since they can be crafted and the commando mods can't, save some of your planetary comms for the other stuff.

It probably is, it's been bugged, and it hasn't been fixed in nearly three years of the game.

But as others said, at low levels (when you'd be using a Commando or Reflex Mod as BiS), it doesn't matter if you're stacking Endurance. Heck, I tanked on my Shadow in my DPS set until level 40 or so.

"Proper" tank stats don't start to matter until you're at a point where you're getting Enhancements with mitigation stats. Don't sweat it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.