Housing...the big ripoff

Darkwords

I got the Tat stronghold and opened 1 room for xtra space. There are a ton of hooks left all over the property...EMPTY hooks. I hit 50% on stronghold completion and it said I am at 250/250 hooks and can't place anything else.

What is wrong with you people to design something like this? It's misleading and akin to fraud as I used real money to get coins to be sure I had enough added to my existing ones to have fun in the stronghold.

This was the last thing I was hoping to wile away the free time on and now it's in a stalemate...grr...Biofail!

I got the Tat stronghold and opened 1 room for xtra space. There are a ton of hooks left all over the property...EMPTY hooks. I hit 50% on stronghold completion and it said I am at 250/250 hooks and can't place anything else.

What is wrong with you people to design something like this? It's misleading and akin to fraud as I used real money to get coins to be sure I had enough added to my existing ones to have fun in the stronghold.

This was the last thing I was hoping to wile away the free time on and now it's in a stalemate...grr...Biofail!

you have to unlock more rooms to get more hooks

and that ain't fraud...

edit: think it also depends on the decorations themselves and like how much prestige they are worth

Edited by Sangrar

Even if you unlock all the rooms, which I am sure they want you to, you'd never be able to fill them with a 500 max for items.

I use my refferal link so I have never paid a single cent for cartel coins so yeah I can spend as much as I want unlocking. Still though it also depends on teh decoration itself for prestige, some have more than others if I am not mistaken. Eitehr way I jsut unlocked tatooine and am going to try for myself.

I noticed some players are 50% or 100% and they have the half prestige from me, that I am 20%. So they do something wrong?

I have 6/9 unlocks and is cheap, 45000 credit per room or 25.000. I havent unlocked the garaz and the balcony yet (and 1 bedroom) its to much for now.

Edited by Oyranos

I noticed some players are 50% or 100% and they have the half prestige from me, that I am 20%. So they do something wrong?

They're doing the same items over and over again. The first time you use an item, you get 100 points. After that it's only 2 points. Most of the SH's I have seen are nothing but trophies covering every wall.

it is cheeky, because the only way to dress up ur wall with nice things, is CC... I took 4 packs for my home and I got some really nice stuff...

1 x wall neon holo image (beautiful one), it makes your wall glowing an image.

2x coffee tables

2x holo trees

and I also crafted lots of tokens and I got some unique ones.

And these cc gave me lots of prestige, I was 2500 or something and now I am 5900 (20%)

I will also share my experience from OPS, ops drops lots of house decorations. I did DF 16 sm and it dropped 2 decorations! trash mobs

Edited by Oyranos

it is cheeky, because the only way to dress up ur wall with nice things, is CC... I took 4 packs for my home and I got some really nice stuff...

1 x wall neon holo image (beautiful one), it makes your wall glowing an image.

2x coffee tables

2x holo trees

and I also crafted lots of tokens and I got some unique ones.

And these cc gave me lots of prestige, I was 2500 or something and now I am 5900 (20%)

I will also share my experience from OPS, ops drops lots of house decorations. I did DF 16 sm and it dropped 2 decorations! trash mobs

Actually... you can buy that stuff for credits too.... so you don't HAVE to spend CC to make your home look nice.

They're doing the same items over and over again. The first time you use an item, you get 100 points. After that it's only 2 points. Most of the SH's I have seen are nothing but trophies covering every wall.
Which is all you can do because of the limit imposed on the number of NPC's you can have in your stronghold.

I'm really disappointed.

Actually... you can buy that stuff for credits too.... so you don't HAVE to spend CC to make your home look nice.

thats a problem the way it is now... credits are precious... But I already spend 2m so far, unlocks, crafting, etc.

I am trying to gather 50m now be able buy my spaceship. I have a guild, only for my legacy and after I make it to buy my guild space ship, I will start adding people in my guild, for conquests (I run that guild for my fun and everything, all the costs for stronghold and spaceship, is from my game), I also have a guild for my ops but its not mine, I am just a member there. So I have to make an attractive guild for new members, with ready to go spaceship and stronghold...

So I used my sub cc.. every month BIOWARE gives us some CC, I spend that.

I also got a very rare item and I dont want it, its a statue of HORROR, there is no any similar on GTN and how much I should sell it? 10-20m ? I need 40!!! :) :)

It is a very evil statue and my house is green! I cant have it inside my house. bad luck....

Edited by Oyranos

Which is all you can do because of the limit imposed on the number of NPC's you can have in your stronghold.

There are other decorations than NPCs and trophies.

I think one reason a lot of people use trophies is because they are so readily available. You get 10 of them for each operations boss you beat in each mode, and from some flashpoint bosses as well. As such, they provide a quick way to raise your completion rating for little effort. Filling the walls with them also doesn't make your stronghold look completely stupid, unlike putting random furniture on every available spot on the floor.

There are other decorations than NPCs and trophies.

I think one reason a lot of people use trophies is because they are so readily available. You get 10 of them for each operations boss you beat in each mode, and from some flashpoint bosses as well. As such, they provide a quick way to raise your completion rating for little effort. Filling the walls with them also doesn't make your stronghold look completely stupid, unlike putting random furniture on every available spot on the floor.

Filling every wall hook with boss kill pictures raises your prestige quickly, yes. But it also makes your stronghold look like a crazy art-gallery. And if everyone's doing it - what's the point anyway? :(

thats a problem the way it is now... credits are precious... But I already spend 2m so far, unlocks, crafting, etc.

I am trying to gather 50m now be able buy my spaceship. I have a guild, only for my legacy and after I make it to buy my guild space ship, I will start adding people in my guild, for conquests (I run that guild for my fun and everything, all the costs for stronghold and spaceship, is from my game), I also have a guild for my ops but its not mine, I am just a member there. So I have to make an attractive guild for new members, with ready to go spaceship and stronghold...

So I used my sub cc.. every month BIOWARE gives us some CC, I spend that.

I also got a very rare item and I dont want it, its a statue of HORROR, there is no any similar on GTN and how much I should sell it? 10-20m ? I need 40!!! :) :)

It is a very evil statue and my house is green! I cant have it inside my house. bad luck....

So it's a rip-off because you want to buy something that is supposed to be purchased by a group... but you want to buy it by yourself.

It's not a rip-off... you're just being foolish.