question regarding treek

Moraene

heyho,

i am thinking about getting Treek with the cartel coins that accumulated from subbing.

if i buy her, do i get her directly? my main is lvl26 now. what about alts, what do i have to do to get her for them too?

and last question, i am at 2080 cartel coins, is there a quick way to get 20 coins?

heyho,

i am thinking about getting Treek with the cartel coins that accumulated from subbing.

if i buy her, do i get her directly? my main is lvl26 now. what about alts, what do i have to do to get her for them too?

and last question, i am at 2080 cartel coins, is there a quick way to get 20 coins?

When you buy Treek on the cartel market, you get a 'mercenary contraact' added to your bag. When you click on the contract, it unlocks a mission to speak to a droid on fleet. After you speak to the droid on fleet, he sends you to another droid in the Cartel Bazaar on fleet, who then introduces you to Treek and they are added to your companions list.

You can unlock Treek thru your legacy panel (don't do this), or way better, is to unlock Treek using your Collections panel (I forget how much this costs...600cc maybe?). When you unlock via legacy, it's only for one character. When you unlock using your Collections panel, it's for every character you have or will have on that server. After unlocking thru collections, any alt's can claim a copy of the mercenary contract which allows them to get their own Treek.

I'm not sure of a quick way to get 20cc...maybe subscribe to the security fob?

When you buy Treek on the cartel market, you get a 'mercenary contraact' added to your bag. When you click on the contract, it unlocks a mission to speak to a droid on fleet. After you speak to the droid on fleet, he sends you to another droid in the Cartel Bazaar on fleet, who then introduces you to Treek and they are added to your companions list.

You can unlock Treek thru your legacy panel (don't do this), or way better, is to unlock Treek using your Collections panel (I forget how much this costs...600cc maybe?). When you unlock via legacy, it's only for one character. When you unlock using your Collections panel, it's for every character you have or will have on that server. After unlocking thru collections, any alt's can claim a copy of the mercenary contract which allows them to get their own Treek.

It's through the Collections menu to unlock her for all characters, and it's 700CC. :)

Important note though: everything unlocked through Collections is for the entire account, not just that Legacy and server.

heyho,

An easy way to get 20cc is to roll a character on a server you haven't played on yet, and rush them through the starter planet (prelude).

You'll get the one time CC reward for finishing a "chapter" of that class (achievement). Which I think is 10 CC (or was it a 100?) I'll check and update my post.

Edited by Callaron

It is 600 CC's to unlock Collections Treek, and there are certain achivements (mainly Class Story Chapter Completion) that will grant 10 - 20 CC's

Thanks all, i got her last night. Although i was too impatient to "work" for her and just bought some coins, after realizing i'd have to anyway for unlocking her for my alts.

Just one more question- gearing her took all my planetary commendations+the small amount of credits i had. I was planning to get mods for my character but that did not work out. Treek is now almost completely in blue 27er command mods, and i am wearing a mix of drops and quest rewards. Whats the best way to continue? I already dropped biochem and diplomacy and took slicing and archeology, although i still have a little work to do to get them on par with bioanalysis (bout 200 now). I try to sell what i gather. i pick planetary commendations for rewards , exept the green stuff is way better than what i'm wearing or theres something for Khem val (i will have to use him for storymode, right? I played the sith inq. story once, its just a looooong time ago so it feels "half new")

Haven't bought any gear from GTN except one 41 endurance crystal for under 60k, figured it would be useful for all my characters. Now i'm at roughly 30 k and lvl 29 on alderaan.

Anything else i can do?

Thanks all, i got her last night. Although i was too impatient to "work" for her and just bought some coins, after realizing i'd have to anyway for unlocking her for my alts.

Just one more question- gearing her took all my planetary commendations+the small amount of credits i had. I was planning to get mods for my character but that did not work out. Treek is now almost completely in blue 27er command mods, and i am wearing a mix of drops and quest rewards. Whats the best way to continue? I already dropped biochem and diplomacy and took slicing and archeology, although i still have a little work to do to get them on par with bioanalysis (bout 200 now). I try to sell what i gather. i pick planetary commendations for rewards , exept the green stuff is way better than what i'm wearing or theres something for Khem val (i will have to use him for storymode, right? I played the sith inq. story once, its just a looooong time ago so it feels "half new")

Haven't bought any gear from GTN except one 41 endurance crystal for under 60k, figured it would be useful for all my characters. Now i'm at roughly 30 k and lvl 29 on alderaan.

Anything else i can do?

Grab the weekly Searching for Allies and the appropriate Emerging Conflicts daily from the terminal on the fleet, then run a random flashpoint that'll finish both missions.

Doing that is a huge boost in commendations. Of course you can only do the weekly once a week, but you can do emerging conflicts + the once a day groupfinder reward each day.

Plus you might actually find some gear that's good for you in the Flashpoints. :D

You can also run the tactical FP once a day for the reward, since it's separate from the other groupfinder daily reward.

Edited by Callaron

I know it's too late, but you should have spend the $1,000,000 ingame credits to get the mercenary contract and then spend only 700 CC's to unlock her for all of your characters. This, of course, assumes you are at least legacy level 40.

Some folks also resell the level 10 mercenary contract on the GTN. I paid $2m for mine. Didn't have to wait for legacy level 40.

Anything else i can do?

To the original poster this is my advice to you:

Professions:

Drop all of your current professions and take Cybertech, Scavenging, and Underworld Trading.

The reason for this is that Cybertech crafts Armoring, Mods, and Ear Pieces.

If you were to spend Planetary Commendations:

Armoring – 7 Planetary Commendations

Mod – 2 Planetary Commendations

Enchancements – 2 Planetary Commendations

So to “update” to you level it cost 11 Planetary Commendations per piece of armor. Not to mention that you have to gear up your companion(s) as well.

Cybertech cuts the cost down to 2 Planetary Commendations per piece of armor.

Personally what I do is craft the armoring(s) and then purchase Mods, and if I didn’t have an Artificer I would purchase the Enhancements with Planetary Commendations.

Long term this is even better because as you roll alts you can gear them as well.

Earning Planetary Commendations:

As someone already said do the weekly FlashPoint mission as well as the daily.

Always take the Planetary Commendations from Mission rewards. Unless the reward is a “orange” (modable) piece of gear. And then only if you don’t have a modable piece of gear in that slot or if the Armoring, Mod, & Enhancement are better then what you currently have.

Now the accept ion to the rule is if the Mission reward is an Armoring, Mod or Enchancement.

Gear:

Go to the GTN and look for adaptive armor set. You can find some that are very cheap.

The easiest way is to search for Upper body, Lower body, Supplemental body.

Once you’ve equipped the full set you can transfer copies to your inventory at no cost, which you can use for companions.

Don’t worry about the look once you reach end game and start doing dailies you’ll have plenty of credits to buy better looking armor. The idea is to get through you first character as cheaply as possible, because some training, especially speeder training get quite expensive.

Oh, did I mention that Cybertech’s can craft speeders?

Treek:

She is your best weapon / tool.

I’ve leveled 5 1/2 character classes with her as my main companion.

What I have learned is that if I had only a few Planetary Commendations and I needed to purchase an armoring, mod, enhancement for either my character or Treek I would purchase it for Treek.

Since I have a Cybertech what I do is every 5 levels or so, never more then 10, I update my characters gear, and Treek, as well as whatever companion I’m working to gain affection with.

My character I craft green quality Armoring, and purchase with commendations Mods.

(I have an Artificer so I craft my own Enchantments green quality for my character, and the companion I’m working to gain affection with, and I craft blue quality (“prototype”) for Treek.)

For Treek she always get blue quality (prototype) Armorings. I purchase Mods with Planetary Command and craft blue quality Enhancements’.

For the companion I working to gain affection with, all green quality Armoring, Mods, Enhancements’’. But in your case purchase with Planetary Commendations every 10 levels Enhancements’

So you may be asking why I’m gearing 3 “toons”?

Well simply put the only drawback, in my opinion, with Treek is that she won’t gain affection through Mission conversation, with the exception of Makeb. She also doesn’t “interact “ in your class missions, where as the classes “normal” companions do.

So when I’m speaking with an NPC for a mission I swap out Treek for the current companion I’m working on affection with. Often you’ll go right in to combat after a conversation and your companion needs to be decently geared to make it through the fight.

Bonus Info not Asked for

Fastest way to gain affection with a Companion:

Legacy of Altruism and Legacy of Persuasion to get the rank 2 bonus you’ll need to be at least Legacy level 10 and Legacy level 15 for rank 3.

Legacy of Altruism – grants 10% increase of affection per rank from Companion gifts, which is cumulative. So rank 2 would grant 20% affection increase from per gift to a companion.

Legacy of Persuasion – grants 10% increase of affection per rank from conversations, which is cumulative.

So rank 2 would grant 20% affection increase from per conversation choice to a companion.

Rank 1 of each cost 10K credits.

Rank 2 of each cost 30K credits.

So to get rank two of either one will cost you 40k credits.

What I do as soon as I get a companion I go to the Fleet and straight to the companion gift vendor. I purchase 34 rank 1 of the companions “favorite” gift and between 36 and 42 rank 2 of the companion’s favorite gift.

Give them all of the rank 1 gifts and then all of the rank 2 gifts.

As you’re giving them gifts they’ll want to have a conversation with you DON’T do it! Wait until you’ve given them all of the rank 1 and 2 gifts.

After giving them all of the rank 1 and rank 2 gifts you’ll have around 4K affection with the companion.

Now it’s time to have those conversations.

For your 4 and 5 companion you should be around 6500 affection with the companion.

The reason I say the 4 and 5 companion is because your first 3 companions’ conversations are based on the chapter you’re in on you class storyline.

You’ll only have a few conversations with your first two companions in chapter one, and then in chapter two you’ll get more conversations, and the same as with chapter 3.

I’ve had companions affection maxed at 10000 and in chapter 1 and not had the final conversation with them until chapter 3.

Ideally my goal is to get my current companion to 10K affection before I get my next companion. That way I can use conversations from mission to gain affection with my new companion and my “old” companion(s) I use for crafting or profession missions.

One final nugget of information:

Get legacy of Crafting.

Each rank gives you a 1% increased chance for a critical craft.

Now on Armorings’, Mods’, Enhancements’, Hilts’, and Barrels a critical craft will give you an extra one. So for one set of mats you’d get two of the before mentioned.

For ear pieces, implants, off hands, weapons, relics, armor an augment slot is added to the item appropriate to the level of the item. This isn’t so important until level 55 items of the before mentioned where a rank 9 augment kit cost between 50 and 100K and then another 36K to install it.

And finally while on the subject of Augments slots - If you’re going to use augments throughout leveling, which I don’t recommend, just install the level 9 augment kit.

Each augment kit has a exponentially increase in cost with each new rank.

I don’t remember the cost of each rank of augment kit, but I know that it cost 30k to install a rank 8 augment kit in to an item. Then to upgrade that to a rank 9 augment kit it cost another 36k.

So the cost of upgrading a rank 8 augment slot to an rank 9 costs 66K (30k for the level and then 36k for the rank 9)

Whereas if you just had installed the rank 9 it would have only cost you 36k total.

And yes at level one of your character you could install a rank 9 augment kit in to a piece of armor and then as you go up in level you can upgrade the augments. So that means that with a rank 9 augment slot in a piece of armor you can put rank 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8, and 9 augments in that slot (“backwards compatibility”).

Well I’m sure by now I’ve overwhelmed you with information, and it will take some time to process, but this is the fruit of my knowledge. I’ve level 7 or the 8 classes to level 55.

*points up* There's some excellent advice up there.

However, I'd advise you to NEVER buy grade 2 gifts UNLESS your companion's affection is over 6k already. Grade 1 gifts are 1/3 the price and give about half the affection (compared to grade 2 gifts). You do the math.

Grade 2 gifts can take you from 6k-8k affection, if you want to spend 50-70k credits.