Fleet Priority Transport Terminal Bug

Octom

The terminals used to get to the daily areas on the fleet largely don't work. This has been an ever-worsening problem. It used to be just one daily area on just one or two of them, but now all are affected intermittently. It'd be great if they worked. They're there for a reason.

Indeed.

On Mantle of the Force, all the Priority Transport Terminals on the Republic Fleet are broken. They work fine on the various planets they're on but not on the fleet.

I can confirm this easily. For proof :

http://www.swtor.com/fr/community/showthread.php?t=757789

http://www.swtor.com/fr/community/showthread.php?p=7613924 (French)

Plus, my in game resquest (written in english) hasen't be taken since it's creation (08/13/2014).

Edited by BenBenmc

Can confirm that Priority Transport Terminals are sometimes broken, but unfortunately there is a lot of misinformation about them, including in this thread. Quoting from another thread where I described the exact bug in detail:

Note that there are four clickable Priority Transports, and under a certain condition, a Priority Transport will become broken. I don't know how it can become broken.

Once it is broken, this specific Priority Transport will be broken for every player on this server in this instance. It doesn't matter which class you are; anyone trying to use the Priority Transport will see the normal choice of destinations, but when you click a destination, nothing happens and you stay at fleet.

To the best of my knowledge, once a Priority Transport is broken, it will never work again, unless the instance is closed, or when the server is restarted with server maintenance.

The best workaround ATM is to just go to the next hangar and try that Priority Transport. Unfortunately, this bug can happen quite often, and since they switched to a three-week maintenance cycle, the servers don't get restarted as often as before.

It's hard to tell how the Priority Transports get broken. There must be some weird thing happening, like two players clicking at the same time, or a player d/cing after clicking, or something else. I really hope that their logs can tell them why this bug occurs and fix it. :)

How is it that this thread is misinforming, exactly? 'They don't work' is the only sure thing to take away from the post.

I'm not going to try to go through all the work of finding out how just to make a 'best of my knowledge' post because, ultimately, those are useless. I'll provide additional detail when it will help, but this isn't an unknown bug, even to them, and it's also not my job. It's theirs.

As someone who did electronics troubleshooting professionally for a almost a decade, I can tell you that sometimes saying 'it's broke' is a lot better than saying 'I think (this and this and this)'. Sometimes you just create too much confusion and the person taking over doesn't look somewhere that they should because they think it's been covered.

This thread is just a reminder. There will be many more like it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Having the same problem here with the priority transport on the republic fleet.

One thing I noticed is that your companion resummoned each time you click the destination even though you don't actually travel there. I dismissed my companion and nothing happens. Just thought I'd throw that tidbit in as well.