Question about gearing up and level 50 flashpoints

Calsetes

I have a Combat-spec Sentinel - not the best with him, but not the worst. I really want to unlock HK-51, as I've tried twice before in the past and had my progress on the "finding parts" portion reset both times because of a lapse in my sub, or a change to the mission, or something. I've heard it was possible to solo the two flashpoints needed with a Sentinel - is that true, or is that BS? If it is true, anyone know roughly what gear level I would need to do so on both myself and my companion? I plan on using Doc because I don't have much in the way of self-healing.

If it's not possible with a Sentinel, would it be possible with a tank like a Vanguard and using a healing companion? I know this is a bit of an odd question, but it's been a while since I've done any operations, and last thing I want is someone to complain that I don't know the fights or something and voting to kick me when I'm five levels above it and can understand something as simple as "stay away from the edge" or "you have to solo this part when he does this."

Thanks in advance.