The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Is it illegal for an Imperial to insult a Sith?

Brantho

Hey guys,

Just wanted to know really if it was illegal for an Imperial to insult a Sith? If so what evidence do you have to back up the claims as I would be very much interested to know.

I will only be accepting link evidence to webpages that are viable and linear lore, not some fan made forum.

Any evidence to either side would be most appreciated!

God bless!

Anyway, I would assume that it isn't necessarily illegal, more like a bad idea.

This.

However, the Empire is a militaristic society, and there are cases where a young Sith recruit has little choice but to follow orders even from a non-Force sensitive who always happens to be a military figure with connections in high places. It would help if I could recall more specifics, but there was one case as an Inquisitor in which I threatened/mocked an officer and he told me off, went on about being well-connected, etc. In one quest line on Dromund Kaas, you can even help to stop Sith who are killing Imperials in Kaas City.

Being a Dark Council member is one thing, but while being a Sith matters, it's not nearly as big of a deal as being one of two Sith Lords was for Vader, for example. There are hundreds of Sith in the Empire, and simply being one of them, particularly a raw recruit or 'grunt', doesn't get you a pass to do whatever you want all the time. At the very least, you won't make the necessary alliances if you make too many enemies too quickly.

So I would imagine it can happen and Imperials can get away with it from time to time, but in general it's ill-advised.

Actually, now that I think of it...run an Agent, tell Darth Zhorrid that she's pathetic, and see what happens! :D

Edited by BradTheImpaler

I would imagine it can happen and Imperials can get away with it from time to time, but in general it's ill-advised.

I'd have to agree on that. Your Sith isn't even a proper Lord when Imperial Army officers start calling you "My Lord" when requesting help. So Sith are usually adressed in a polite manner.

There is ofc the matter of your own Sith superior - you will have to gauge his reaction to the degree of insult and your response to it. If you really did mess up and the competent Army Colonel told you off your master might see any action as trying to cover up your incompetence instead of defending your "honor". Also using your master's name to hide behind when you punish someone might be seen in a bad light. What if, in a fit of rage, you killed someone serving a greater Sith than your master? He will now have to make amends or suffer from some sort of retaliation. Something not likely to please him at all.

I'd have to agree on that. Your Sith isn't even a proper Lord when Imperial Army officers start calling you "My Lord" when requesting help. So Sith are usually adressed in a polite manner.

There is ofc the matter of your own Sith superior - you will have to gauge his reaction to the degree of insult and your response to it. If you really did mess up and the competent Army Colonel told you off your master might see any action as trying to cover up your incompetence instead of defending your "honor". Also using your master's name to hide behind when you punish someone might be seen in a bad light. What if, in a fit of rage, you killed someone serving a greater Sith than your master? He will now have to make amends or suffer from some sort of retaliation. Something not likely to please him at all.

I think "My Lord" is just a standard greeting for Sith, much like how Jedi are often referred to as "Master Jedi" even when they're not a Master.

It is not illegal but the laws of self preservation make sure that no non force sensitive imperial in their right mind would insult a Sith (unless backed up by a more powerful Sith like Admiral Ranken in the introductory video to KDY). Edited by Pathlight-