Alternative ways to get end-game gear?

xNYROx

I have not played since 2012, However the last time I played there were alternative ways to get end-game commendations besides doing OPs...a few things I remember are Hard mode FPs would give end-game commendations/gear sometimes, world events , dailies and things of this nature....is this still the case or is doing OPs the only way to get end-game gear now?

You can get a starting full set - almost, you miss MH, OH, Earpiece, Implants, Belt and Bracers - from the Oricon story line.

After that, to improve, you can run 55 HM FPs and TFPs for the Weeklies, and of course some Dailies.

Oricon, Makeb and CZ should be the ones you're looking for, unless I'm mistaken. :o

You can get a starting full set - almost, you miss MH, OH, Earpiece, Implants, Belt and Bracers - from the Oricon story line.

After that, to improve, you can run 55 HM FPs and TFPs for the Weeklies, and of course some Dailies.

Oricon, Makeb and CZ should be the ones you're looking for, unless I'm mistaken. :o

So it is still possible? Glad they kept this....sometimes OPs are just hard to make time for and I hate being "that guy" that doesn't show because life calls.

So it is still possible? Glad they kept this....sometimes OPs are just hard to make time for and I hate being "that guy" that doesn't show because life calls.

Yes, it is still possible. With the exception of the top tier, there are different ways to get each tier of gear.

These are for level 55 gear only:

• Tier 0: Artifact level 53 gear (besides mainhand): Crafting schematics and the Oricon storyline. The mainhand weapon is achieved the same way other Tier 1 gear is acheived.
  • Tier 1: Black Market / Arkanian (besides mainhand): Level 50 HM Flashpoints, Terror from Beyond and Scum and Villainy Operations Story Mode, and solo missions. The mainhand weapon is achieved the same way Tier 2 gear is achieved.
  • Tier 2: Verpine / Underworld (besides mainhand): All level 50 Flashpoints, WEEKLY missions for Daily zones, Terror from Beyond and Scum and Villainy Operations Hard Mode and Dread Fortress and Dread Palace Operations Story Mode. Mainhand weapon is only available from the Operations.
  • Tier 2.5: Kell Dragon / Shadowed: Nightmare Mode Terror from Beyond and Scum and Villainy Operations only.
  • Tier 3: Oricon/Dread Forged (besides mainhand): Level 55 HM Flashpoints, any level 55 Operation, and 1 Level 50 HM Operation per week. Mainhand weapon is only from Dread Fortress and Dread Palace Operations Hard Mode.
  • Tier 3.5: Dread Master / Dread Touched: Nightmare Mode Dread Fortress and Dread Palace Operations.

Edited by Bstr

Yes, it is still possible. With the exception of the top tier, there are different ways to get each tier of gear.

• Tier 0: Artifact level 53 gear (besides mainhand): Crafting schematics and the Oricon storyline. The mainhand weapon is achieved the same way other Tier 1 gear is acheived.
  • Tier 1: Black Market / Arkanian (besides mainhand): Level 50 HM Flashpoints, Terror from Beyond and Scum and Villainy Operations Story Mode, and solo missions. The mainhand weapon is achieved the same way Tier 2 gear is achieved.
  • Tier 2: Verpine / Underworld (besides mainhand): All level 50 Flashpoints, WEEKLY missions for Daily zones, Terror from Beyond and Scum and Villainy Operations Hard Mode and Dread Fortress and Dread Palace Operations Story Mode. Mainhand weapon is only available from the Operations.
  • Tier 2.5: Kell Dragon / Shadowed: Nightmare Mode Terror from Beyond and Scum and Villainy Operations only.
  • Tier 3: Oricon/Dread Forged (besides mainhand): Level 55 HM Flashpoints, any level 55 Operation, and 1 Level 50 HM Operation per week. Mainhand weapon is only from Dread Fortress and Dread Palace Operations Hard Mode.
  • Tier 3.5: Dread Master / Dread Touched: Nightmare Mode Dread Fortress and Dread Palace Operations.

TY for the info.....have they lowered how many people it requires for an OP? Is there a list somewhere?

TY for the info.....have they lowered how many people it requires for an OP? Is there a list somewhere?

Normally, it requires 8 or 16 people for an Operation. Those that are overgeared can do it with less: some people have been able to solo certain Operation bosses.

There is a list of Operations here: http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/wiki/returning_player#wiki_pve. Suggest you take a look at the rest of that page too.

• ...snip

Clarification: the only mainhand weapon drop comes from the last boss in HM Dread Palace.