The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

planetary coms box

chrisavce

As a player who uses gear on all my chars brought from the CM it would be nice to have a pack of planetary coms say 50 for 100 CC so we can quickly mod both ourselves and our companions without having to go and constantly repeat low lvl heroics just to get the coms to give a companion the right level of mods in the gear for the group f plts esp when u need them aswell

This won't, or shouldn't happen. This would be pay to win, as far as I'm concerned, and it would ruin the game.

Hey there,

I have to disagree with pay to win.You would not get anything that would not be obtainable in game, you would not have any advantages that other players would not have also, it would mean that one could spare some time , grinding time is not the best playing time .

Ultimate coms, yeah ... i wish. but i buy a pack or two fo me or a pet or all of them

Just my 2 cents

Its way too easy to get the planetary comms for this to even be feasible to make money off of. As a 55 just run through a few planets worth of repeatable heroics. Should get 2 to 3 comms per mission. Or if you don't have a 55, go back a planet that you are 6 or 7 levels or move above and run these heroic missions for the comms.

Its way too easy to get the planetary comms for this to even be feasible to make money off of. As a 55 just run through a few planets worth of repeatable heroics. Should get 2 to 3 comms per mission. Or if you don't have a 55, go back a planet that you are 6 or 7 levels or move above and run these heroic missions for the comms.

But that would require effort, and waste the valuable time they would rather spend sitting on their mounts on top of assorted mail/gtn kiosks on the fleet or dueling in the Slippery Slopes Cantina!

Planetary Coms from the CM wouldn't be too bad. They are really only used for lower levels so they wouldn't be Pay to Win. I think it'd be a really great way to get all of ones companions geared up enough to be useful. I tend to only ever really have one companion geared up well enough to use at a time. After hitting 55 on a character it is a little easier to get commendations or to craft mods, but I could see myself buying a few packs of this every now and then. While I'd probably spend a fortune on buying Ultimate Coms from the CM if I could, I expect that probably would cross a line or two for a lot of people, and it would make some aspects of the game too easy.

Post Script, if put in at all probably only as a rare drop from packs, like the scavenged jawa junk.

Edited by BobbyQuarrier

Hey there,

I have to disagree with pay to win.You would not get anything that would not be obtainable in game, you would not have any advantages that other players would not have also, it would mean that one could spare some time , grinding time is not the best playing time .

Ultimate coms, yeah ... i wish. but i buy a pack or two fo me or a pet or all of them

Just my 2 cents

If items that give you power in the game can be purchased with cash... that is textbook pay-to-win, IMHO... The CM is for vanity and fluff items only. They once did put the grade 7 ship upgrades in the CM and after getting flak, took them out, I doubt we'll see those again.

Grade 7 were on the market a few weeks ago, actually. About 200-300 comms, but only one bundle(offensive one, I think?) I bought it, then bought the rest of the stuff from GTN/fleet vendor. I had Grade 6 before that; Grade 7 is an improvement, but I wouldn't say it's overkill.

They should revert the Makeb lockbox. I have no idea why they changed it.

A planetary comms box would be a good idea, but I don't have an issue getting planetary comms. Its easy to have an alt that just runs KDY and stockpiles planet comms, or just *gasp* craft the gear yourself.