The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The Clone Wars (A Request for Viewing Strategies)

Kremsau

So I love Star Wars. Perhaps that's too strong a word, I've allowed myself to become infatuated with Star Wars.

Still, I sit down in the evening, turn on Clone Wars and my mind wanders. I can put on Ep. 1 - 6 and be as content as a child. Something about the endless, yet seemingly-menial, plot lines lulls me.

I've successfully attempted Seasons 1 & 2 so much, each episode is burned into my brain. If I hear Ahsoka say "Goldie" one more time, I might have an aneurysm.

The fact it's burned into my brain was semi-intentional as I hoped to establish the canon in the ole' noggin as well as the films are. The problem is I just can't make it through. I end up leaving it on in the background and pulling SW:TOR up on my laptop. So, I'm curious. Does it perk up in later seasons? I've heard some canon from the show that sounds AWESOME. Yet I haven't been able to stumble across it.

I'd once had a player in this SW:TOR tell me that watching them in order wasn't necessary, and that if you liked a character you could skip to episodes which focused on said character. I was leery at first, but maybe that's the way? Anywho, I've rambled on, has anyone had this problem? Even better, has any solved this problem?

Hm, I would say it starts getting better in the third series. (but still, even in fifth season, there are some episodes that I found really boring - however, it's much smaller number than in first two seasons.)

The whole series gets darker and in some episodes, i was even wondering how could they call it a kid show.

I usually watch everything, but I look up the content of the episode sometimes and if it looks boring or unwatchable (for example, Jar Jar is in it or it's a droid episode), I just skip it. There are lot of episodes where Ashoka doesn't even make appearance or just minor one, If you find her annoying.

http://www.nexusroute.co.uk/the-clone-wars-chronological-order (all the episodes with synopsis and concept art)

You could probably watch only the good episodes and skip others, you won't really miss anything important. In later seasons, there are "story arcs", usually three or four episodes with one story, which need to be watched in order, but otherwise, no problem.

Some episodes which I would say are good or interesting to watch: (only from seasons 3 and 4, since you watched the first two and I haven't watched the whole season 5 and 6)

ARC Troopers (season 3, ep. 2) - clone troopers and Shaak Ti

Hunt for Ziiro (season 3, ep. 9) - Quilan Vos makes an appearance in this

Nightsisters arc (season 3, ep. 12, 13, 14) - about Assaj Ventress, Witches of Dathomir and Zabraks

Overlords arc (season 3, ep. 15, 16, 17) - very dark and good episodes with lot of lore regarding force and dark and light side, brings in really interesting concepts, explores the prophecy of chosen one and "balance of the force"

Citadel Arc (season 3, ep .18, 19, 20) - prison break, jedi master Piell, Tarkin

Padawan Lost arc (season 3, ep. 21, 22) - cameo from Old trilogy, however, it's mostly about Ashoka, so if you hate her, don't watch this. But I think they are good episodes.

Darkness on Umbara arc (season 4, ep. 7, 8, 9, 10) - extremely good story arc, one of the best in clone wars, very dark. Clone troopers have to deal with cruel and uncompromising general, who doesn't see them as people.

Slave arc (season 4, ep. 11, 12, 13) - undercover, torture, slavery and other happy stuff

Deception arc (season 4, ep. 15, 16, 17, 18 ) - another extremely good story arc, deals with underworld and bounty hunters, Obi-wan is amazingly ****** in this

Brothers arc (s. 4, ep. 21, 22) - (spoiler) Darth Maul returns

So far, I would say that Overlords arc, Darkness on Umbara and Deception arc are the best story arcs so far and really worth watching. (but, as with everything, it depends on taste) ;)

*bow* Thank you sir!

It looks like I was close to some juicy stories-arc's!

I'll persevere through the beginning of Season 3 to hear more about: Assaj Ventress, Witches of Dathomir and Zabraks

I gotta reiterate my thanks, this certainly breathed some fresh air into my stagnant interest with the show.

*bow* Thank you sir!

It looks like I was close to some juicy stories-arc's!

I'll persevere through the beginning of Season 3 to hear more about: Assaj Ventress, Witches of Dathomir and Zabraks

I gotta reiterate my thanks, this certainly breathed some fresh air into my stagnant interest with the show.

Lady, actually. ;) And you are welcome. Clone Wars are certainly worth watching, even despite some honestly terrible and boring episodes. (who thought it was a good idea to make episodes with jar jar, seriously?)

If you are interested in Asajj, there are some episodes about her which I didn't mention:

Massacre (season 4, ep. 19) and Bounty (season 4, ep. 20).

They are Asajj centric and if you want to watch them, they should be watched before Brothers story arc. Bounty is quite a good episode, there are bounty hunters, along with Boba Fett.

But, maybe I should warn you regarding zabraks - their origin and story is different than in TOR, or how to put it. You will see.

I concur, if you've got through Season 1 and 2 then you are pretty much plain sailing at this point. I myself enjoy the entire series but I can understand why some people don't take a liking to the first two seasons.

But Season 3 is pretty much the watershed coinciding with Ashoka growing up. Like literally, it makes a 2 year jump. Though I believe there is but one arc with her as young Ashoka, but the she matures and the show with her.

Edited by Beniboybling

There is too moments for me to count. A majority of them are from season 4 and beyond.

Heres two of the most bad *** fights of the entire series (both from the same episode if i recall correctly.)

Maul versus Pre Vizla

Palpatine versus Maul and Oppress

Beyond the fights, this series has a great deal of character development, so much so that you grow so attached to the characters. Ashoka especially. She matured a great deal during the series.