Pvp Powertech Tank oberon gearing? Spec?

RicoZaid

Max endurance ..u will mostly be effective in Huttball and maybe node guarding, sheild/absorb work better now in pvp than before but there are several classes that use different damage types and some will get through to u faster than others, endurance/defense (juggernauts) have an easier time generally.

endurance/defense (juggernauts) have an easier time generally.

Yo gotta be kidding??? Defense is even more worthless than Shield/Absorb in PvP. Defense is good only against ranged ('slinger/Sniper (SS/MM, some Sabo/Engi combo, DF/Leth's WS/Cull), Mando/Merc (FA/Un and CB/PS)) and melee (JK/SW (except Focus)). Every single other classes pass through Defense without trouble... Force and Tech moves aren't defendable.

What makes Guardian/Jugg awesome at tanking in PvP is their six DCDs (FD/ED, Enure/Endure, WC/Invincible, SW Adrenal and Medpack), Blade Barrier/Sonic Barrier, and their two H2F'n'MTP™ (Heal to Full and Make Them Pay™)... Which are FD/ED and Enure/Endure + Medpack.

Vang/PT, on the other hand, have RS/ES (which barely do anything), RG/OS, AR/KO Adrenal and Medpack. So a whoping 5 DCDs, TWO of which are poor version of Guardian/Juggs' ones. RS/ES is just WC/Invicible with 5 more second and 15% less DR. AR/KO is just a poor version of FD/ED once you get Soldier's Grit/Coolant.

For the OP... PvP tanking means stack endurance. I would say to use -BX mods for the extra Endurance and Endu heavy Enhancement seeing how unuseful def stats are. Then stack absorb/shield, at least it works against almost any spec as long as their damage isn't elemental or internal. In fact once you maxed Endu use this guide section for PvP... It isn't perfect but it wrks rather well. Augment for Endurence too.

Edited by Ryuku-sama

I didn't mean by any reason for OP to stack defense, I was under the impression that an attack defended against (parry) is no damage taken as opposed to an absorb where you still take some of the damage. This is just what I have learned from trying to understanding tanking stats and their functions.

I didn't mean by any reason for OP to stack defense, I was under the impression that an attack defended against (parry) is no damage taken as opposed to an absorb where you still take some of the damage. This is just what I have learned from trying to understanding tanking stats and their functions.

Youre right about that. If you deflect, dodge, or parry an attack (all are the same thing, they just change based on your class and what your fighting) the entire attack is avoided.

The only problem is that most player abilities ignore defense.

Endurance augments to bring you up to 40k.

Then stack shield/absorb if you don't want to be squishy, too.

Otherwise you can get your hp to around 43k if you just use endurance-heavy mods/enhancements/augments.

Relics: Use Shielding Amplification with Reactive Warding for most of your fights.

I swap out one of those for Fortunate Redoubt when facing warriors or classes with a lot of white damage.

For set bonuses, use the 2pc tank set [jet charge, heat blast] with the 2pc Combat Tech [carbonize/determination] in most fights. Combat Medic [Overrides] when you're being tunneled to kite easier. You can't go wrong with tank 2pc and one of those, just don't get the 4pc [+5% when guarding] because it's not as useful.

Edited by AxeDragoneth

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.