Price on Dark Project, Universal Prefab Kits 1-3

marxhunter

sorry to bring this up, but I can't find an answer quickly with the wonderful "search" function:

Can you crit on Dark Project crafts? A guild mate says they had a companion come back "with great success" but no extra Dark Projects were created.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

I got lucky on crits and crafted 5 dark projects when I only had the mats for 3 (i.e. 2 crits). Saved me a boatload of mat costs for parking my ship outside Nar Shaddaa. :D

I'm noticing a lot of the more end result stuff is ridiculously priced. For example I think I went and bought a legacy locker thing for my stronghold for 1/3rd the cost of the mats were if I wanted to buy the mats then use them at a stronghold vendor to buy it that way.

I'm not sure what on earth is going through people's minds to sell things so cheaply ...

No offense, but this is a typical blind sided crafter post that assumes that the "ridiculously priced items" are actually products of crafting. It may sound shocking to some, but there are other ways of obtaining the said items. To take your specific example: a legacy locker. Imagine you have 10 alts, for which you only can have 4 strongholds. Now each of your alts can get the legacy cargo bay FOR FREE and it's not bound to you. Why on Earth would you not list the surplus cargo bays on the GTN for a price that severely undercuts a silly crafter who buys the mats to craft them?

I'm actually shocked I managed to sell so many of these freebies at all, cause the market should have been completely flooded by now. Like the synthetic/universal/industrial prefab vendor droids. You can only have 4 of them per legacy (I believe), and if you have 10 alts, you physically cannot even unlock the extra six. Yet, there are people out there who are wiling to pay 40k for them, if not more....

Like the synthetic/universal/industrial prefab vendor droids. You can only have 4 of them per legacy (I believe), and if you have 10 alts, you physically cannot even unlock the extra six. Yet, there are people out there who are wiling to pay 40k for them, if not more....

Probably the same people that will buy the stuff that the vendor sells for more than the vendor's sale price...

Or maybe people that don't have enough alts or know how to switch the owner and have every alt do the quest...

Edited by eartharioch

No offense, but this is a typical blind sided crafter post that assumes that the "ridiculously priced items" are actually products of crafting. It may sound shocking to some, but there are other ways of obtaining the said items. To take your specific example: a legacy locker. Imagine you have 10 alts, for which you only can have 4 strongholds. Now each of your alts can get the legacy cargo bay FOR FREE and it's not bound to you. Why on Earth would you not list the surplus cargo bays on the GTN for a price that severely undercuts a silly crafter who buys the mats to craft them?

I'm actually shocked I managed to sell so many of these freebies at all, cause the market should have been completely flooded by now. Like the synthetic/universal/industrial prefab vendor droids. You can only have 4 of them per legacy (I believe), and if you have 10 alts, you physically cannot even unlock the extra six. Yet, there are people out there who are wiling to pay 40k for them, if not more....

I noticed this as well - and when you take people like myself with all sever slots possible and full, I had way more mailboxes and bays and such available than I was ever going to use (though in the case of most of the free stuff - you can have and place way more than 1 per stronghold - the only one I saw with a limit was is the stronghold vendor NPC you get in the mail - which is limited to four).

I've also noticed that the Universal MKs sell for less, sometimes far less, than the individual MK components. So anyone actually making all the MK parts and then combining them into Universals is leaving credits on the table while wasting crew craft time.

On the flip side, I've noticed I can buy generic decos off the droids with the MK parts and sell for around 1.5x to 2x the going rate of the MK component used to purchase.

Edited by DawnAskham

I've also noticed that the Universal MKs sell for less, sometimes far less, than the individual MK components. So anyone actually making all the MK parts and then combining them into Universals is leaving credits on the table while wasting crew craft time.

Just as a comment, I believe this is mostly due to the recent Conquest even which gave points for crafting the Universals.

The aftermath of that event left quite a surplus of those items on the market.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.