The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Dye's

Lenisirz

Hey everyone,

I was thinking, I've seen in the show The Clone Wars that the Commando's had Camouflage Armor. I think it would kind a cool to be able to buy different color Dye's to make our armor Camouflaged. It would be cool for BH or IA Sniper's. Maybe even make it for the CE people since we HAVEN"T gotten what they promised us back at the beginning of the game. What do you guys think?

LeniSirz

Hey everyone,

I was thinking, I've seen in the show The Clone Wars that the Commando's had Camouflage Armor. I think it would kind a cool to be able to buy different color Dye's to make our armor Camouflaged. It would be cool for BH or IA Sniper's. Maybe even make it for the CE people since we HAVEN"T gotten what they promised us back at the beginning of the game. What do you guys think?

LeniSirz

I think camo armor has been suggested before.

Camo armor would be interesting, and I like the idea.

While I am a CE owner myself, I do see one problem with your suggestion, though. I think if they offered camo patterns, they could not make them exclusive to the CE vendor without a crap storm erupting on these forums with cries of "unfair". I think they would have to offer different color combinations via different means. They could keep some color combinations exclusive to the CE vendor, though.

Edited by Ratajack

Ratajack I can see what you mean about the uproar that would happen. People would really wig-out if it was CE only' but they could make special pattern or color schemes just for the CE's. I think that would work.

JediRelentless that is interesting...It would be nice to hear more about this from someone in the know.

LeniSirz :rak_03:

What if the CE versions could be sold on the GTN?

It would actually give CE owners a way to profit, if even only a bit. Make the dyes 50K on the vendor, people could sell them for any price they like on the GTN, 51K, 60K, 100K, etc...

What if the CE versions could be sold on the GTN?

It would actually give CE owners a way to profit, if even only a bit. Make the dyes 50K on the vendor, people could sell them for any price they like on the GTN, 51K, 60K, 100K, etc...

As most of the items on the CE vendor are BOP, I think the devs intent was to keep the items on the CE vendor exclusive to those that purchased the CE and not provide those that purchased the CE an avenue to get rich or even to make any credits.

I know that the first two dyes available on the CE were not BOP, but the if I recall correctly, the devs did state that it was a mistake that they were not BOP. They chose not to change the binding status of those two dyes, but they did add two more dyes that ARE BOP to maintain some dyes that are exclusive for those that purchased the CE.